Roll the dice

View and post your 510 project(s)
RMS
Supporter

Re: Roll the dice

Post by RMS »

that was the plan but i dont think tyson has a frame jig to give it a pull
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

in a perfect world I would like to strip it down to a shell . send it out for a pull then blast, prime, paint and reassemble.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I could check with Campbell to see who he has pulling his frame on his Pontiac Firebird, after his crash at Knox.

Or, I'm sure Tyson knows someone who still has a frame jig.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

bastards offered $4312.00 :x
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

WOW...does that ever suck the big one !!!!!!!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Hey Robyn,sorry to hea about this. Note that ICBC always low balls you on their first offer.
jkayvancity

Post by jkayvancity »

Hi Robyn,

Sorry to hear about the damaged wagon man, brutal luck. Hope all (else) is well!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Take your time, you have to play their game. But you also have to prove to them and the value of the car. That’s the part that sucks when it comes to insurance adjusters. No one wins this game. But you have to fight because their mandate is to pay as little as possible.

It took six months to settle my truck that got written off a couple years ago. I finally ended up getting standard lot value for it, then bought back the wreck which you looked at here at my place.

It’s harder for our old cars, but you just have to pull together recent for sale adds from any source you find to prove its value. That’s all you can do.

Good luck with it, and don’t bother rushing the process. Unfortunately it’s their game you have to play.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

had the wagon out on sunday for its spring shake down, but it took a week to get it ready. had some issues with the stock hittatchi carb. at first the ide circuit was plugged up, removed jet cleaned and blew out the passage. then the off idle circuit plugged up, pulled the carb stripped blew reassemble made it 1km down the road, limped back home 4 ways flashing. bits of black in the bowl.... replace fuel lines after filter, pulled the carb stripped blew reassemble. run the car around the yard, look in the bowl, find bits of black... pulled the carb strip blow and this time I noticed that the little boot on the top of the throttle pump was very soft and would crumble between my fingers. I guess it not ethanol safe.

with the carb sorted I installed some new moog camber plates and managed to get 3deg of caster and 1 deg of camber. so much better than 0 caster and all that camber, but she's still pretty twitchy on the hwy. Im thinking too much tow in but it will probably need new inners and outers to make an adjustment.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

had the wagon out on sunday for its spring shake down, had some issues with the stock hittatchi carb, Idle circuit was a bit plugged. burnt up 15L of 91 in 30km as I three footed it across surrey with lots of choke at the lights. polished the idle jet and she ran nice and smooth, so smooth I could hear the water pump bearing fail as I sped along the 91. I hope the impeller didn't eat the timing cover too bad.