Thought I would start a thread showing what I'm doing with my 510. I picked this 510 about 3 years ago, It was complete with a rebuilt KA24de with 9:1 CP Pistons with Eagle Rods, ARP Head Studs, Steel Head Gasket, Mega Squirt ECU and 550cc Injectors. When I got the car it didn't have a rear diff so I put in a open 3.9 in there and installed the rear disc brakes that came with the car, I believe they are from a Nissan Maxim. Between getting the rearend back together and finishing odds and ends to get it rolling again I masked it off and did a quick tremclad paint job with my fence sprayer that turned out pretty decent. I had it on the road finally for a few months this year working out bugs and putting a new clutch in it.
The car also came with a Ebay T3/T4 turbo kit with manifold, intercooler and piping. So this winter I'm going to install the turbo and thought I would make a Thread following my progress and hopefully get some help from the realm along the way.
View and post your 510 project(s)
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 20170706_212602.jpg (239.42 KiB) Viewed 222 times
- 12837453_10156550172870198_475761877_o.jpg (345.7 KiB) Viewed 223 times
- 20170302_174015.jpg (199.15 KiB) Viewed 223 times
- 20171019_135546.jpg (304.03 KiB) Viewed 223 times
- 12674851_10156550172595198_1423197970_o.jpg (293.33 KiB) Viewed 223 times
- 12674913_10156550172360198_2127527134_o.jpg (257.2 KiB) Viewed 223 times
- 12380972_10156550173235198_1454004522_o.jpg (336.93 KiB) Viewed 223 times
Over the past few nights I got the turbo installed just to see how everything is going to fit. When I tore the header out I realized my steering box top cover was loose and I have the classic flexing steering box. I think my first tasks with be to remount the radiator with some new fans and make a steering box brace.
- 20171214_212934.jpg (474.38 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Right on! I just ordered 2 new electric fans for the radiator. I had a single 12 inch on there before. I'm going to offset 2 9" fans to help push the rad closer to the motor for more room for the inter cooler. I was both to sit behind the grill. I'm currently looking for a inter cooler that will fit and a inter cooler pipe kit.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Kreid and 4 guests