Gold digger

View and post your 510 project(s)
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Gold digger

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Well what can I say guys the title seems fitting with my current project. I purchase this car 6 years ago from Manteca Ca. Please excuse my terrible grammar and spelling. You've been warned. lol
It was basically a rolling shell with a running low miles automatic ka installed. It was stripped down to bare metal with solid floors and body. No headliner of quarter windows. Rubber was beyond ok. A fuel cell was installed in the rear by the PO of the car. It was also equipped with Troy's Wildwood brake kit front and rear. 280ZX struts up with z31 300zx rotors. The car was pretty much missing all the interior except for the dash that came with speed hut gauges (lucky for me). It was pretty much missing all the nobs and switches on the dash. Still is heheh. It had a honda seat installed and grant steering wheel which are no longer in the car. The rear suspension was stock with no exhaust system.
The motor was running but was in limp mode. I checked the ECU and found per Jim Wolfs website that infact it was a single cam ECU they re-pinded to run a dual cam motor. So the car was supposed to have all the trim pieces and bumpers. But upon delivery it didn't have any of those items the PO claimed to have. I got a bunch of boxes well with junk. lol nothing that I could use or save for the car. No bumpers just bumper brackets. Any how here's some photos of me picking up the car and bringing her home. My wife was not happy to say the least as I pulled up with what she called a ugly box on wheels. LMAO

And finally home at my house.
trailertime.jpg
trailertime.jpg (332.64 KiB) Viewed 8128 times

Guys the build is further along than these photos currently show . Ive just recently decided to do this build thread. So please bare with me as I try and compile all the photos and up load them when I have some spare time. This project has poor planning lol and well a lot of changes from my original plan
with the car. So enjoy my nightmare slowly become a the car that I've been wanting to build.
Last edited by eastbaysolo_73 on 25 Sep 2019 20:27, edited 5 times in total.
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Re: Devil in a red dress. 1970 2 door money whore!!

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Not sure whats going on but some of my photos wont load.. hmmm
Here she is at home.
finallyhome.jpg
finallyhome.jpg (294.56 KiB) Viewed 8123 times
dontmindme.jpg
dontmindme.jpg (292.52 KiB) Viewed 8121 times
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

The plan was to keep the KA stock and have the car painted and make a runner out of her. Well that shortly changed after I got a ride in my buddy's KAT 510. I pulled the motor and sent it off to get rebuilt with forged bottom end for boost. Not being a KA guy myself having had a boosted b13 Sentra Se-r made it tuff but since I had the motor already I was like what the hell I'm gonna roll with it.
The attachment pulling.jpg is no longer available
I pulled the cross member and had Daft innovations in Manteca change the mounts to 240sx mounts because I didn't like running the 510 mounts. I can't find any of those cross member photos as my Mac for the first time in 8 years crashed and I lost a bunch of photos.

Thats it for now I will keep updating as I have time.. Hope you guys are enjoying these photos. Cause they are a pain to resize 1 by 1. I need a program or something to do them all at once.
Attachments
pulling.jpg
pulling.jpg (286.33 KiB) Viewed 8032 times
Last edited by eastbaysolo_73 on 26 May 2018 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Found these on a memory stick.

ImageIMG_3936 by v p, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3934 by v p, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3583 by v p, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3682 by v p, on Flickr
Last edited by eastbaysolo_73 on 16 Feb 2020 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Re: re-sizing pictures...I highlight ONE picture...then...CONTROL A...that will select ALL pictures...then resize pictures...that SHOULD do them as a batch.

If pictures are larger than about 420'ish KB, they will not load
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

bertvorgon wrote: 23 May 2018 09:27 Re: re-sizing pictures...I highlight ONE picture...then...CONTROL A...that will select ALL pictures...then resize pictures...that SHOULD do them as a batch.

If pictures are larger than about 420'ish KB, they will not load
Thanks for the tip I will try that. The photos are smaller than that. Not sure why the didn't load. They load fine in preview mode?
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

The size limit on the site is 700kb. I try to get mine as close to that as possible.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Aashenfox

Post by Aashenfox »

Another alternative is to register on imgur (free) and upload pics there, then you can surround them in {img}{/img} tags (replace {} with []). No real size limit and you don't cost the510realm bandwidth or storage! :)

Can't wait to see your pics in full!
Le Mans sunset 03 Nissan 350Z...Brit in Greece! Got any spare cash? lol 510 incoming!!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Spencer must have increased the photo size when he fixed things, which is good as the smaller resolution made things kinda fuzzy.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

funwithmonkeys wrote: 23 May 2018 18:15 The size limit on the site is 700kb. I try to get mine as close to that as possible.
I sized them down pretty small.

The issue is when I load 5 photos and hit the preview button they all show up. Then when I submit the post it says photos no longer available.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Aashenfox wrote: 24 May 2018 02:51 Another alternative is to register on imgur (free) and upload pics there, then you can surround them in {img}{/img} tags (replace {} with []). No real size limit and you don't cost the510realm bandwidth or storage! :)

Can't wait to see your pics in full!
Good to know I will do this today.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Ok so after the great advice I got some of my photo on IMGUR and here's a test run.
Found a photo of how I had the cross member modified to 240sx mounts which work for both KA/SR swaps.
I didn't like using the factory Datsun mounts so this is why I went this way.
Heres a before shot.
and Heres the after shot of the cross member.
Here's the other photos I couldn't load
Some por15 actions on the floor
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

So here's a photo of the KA installed that was running lol. Before I pulled it out and sent it out to get hooked up for boost.

Wasn't a super clean install by the PO but from what I can tell with owning a Datsun that seems to always be the case. Always fixing what others did.
Any how got the motor out and sent it off.

Mean while the machine shop had the motor and doing there thing, I got lucky and scored this CV axle kit with LSD R160 3:70 Gears. I sold the R160 because I got a great deal on a Subie 2014 R180 torsen diff 3:54 of Craigslist.
Also picked up some Rubber Seals from Datsport while I waited.

Picked up some rear coil overs from Troy and idle arm.
After doing research on turbo KA set ups and SR set ups.I decided on running a GT2871R dual ball bearing turbo from Garrett. Its rated for 400HP and is a quick spooling turbo. For a street car I figured that would be the best route. Granted my power goals for the KA at the time was to reach a healthy and reliable 250hp to 300hp if possible. Picked up the turbo locally form ATP turbo in Hayward CA.
Well thats it for now. Im trying to compile the remaining photos I was able to save after my computer crashed. Its gonna be difficult to build a time line with the photos I have cause I'm missing many. But I'll do my best.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Been a while since I have added anything to this thread. Lots of changes for sure.

New wheels from Love20bee
ImageAME by v p, on Flickr

New SS grill from love20bee
ImageSS grill & Dapper lights by v p, on Flickr

New APR carbon fiber mirror install
ImageAPRM by v p, on Flickr

stripped and painted the under carriage with POR15
ImagePor15 by v p, on Flickr

Powder coated rear LCA and Xmember. Installed Byron adjustable x member brackets. QA1 coil overs, Dadzun CV axels, John william stub axles, Subie R180, Machine speed mustache bar. This was just a mock up before I installed it on the car.
ImageRearend by v p, on Flickr
Imagerearend by v p, on Flickr

Added a new 16 gallon mustang EFI tank with inline walbro 255 fuel pump. This got rid of the nasty fuel cell that was in here.
Imagetank by v p, on Flickr

I have way more to add but thats enough for now. Waiting on the rack and pinion parts from JBC. New turbo manifold in the works also.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Show some love fellas.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !