72 510 pic added

View and post your 510 project(s)
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I like the crispy white coffee maker beside that pile of dirty car parts, and the nozzle of the LPS #3 looks like it's gonna drip into the coffee cup below it :-P

shop looks nice
car looks nice
motor looks nice

nice work!
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

I have fixed the dirty coffie pot now you can't see through the pot, as for the shop it is finnally getting there I have a layer of dust on my car an inch thick from all of the building that we have been doing.
dynobones

Post by dynobones »

what kind of rad do you have?
I'm smiling because I have no idea what is going on.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Hello Ratsun,
You and I should get together this summer for a run to Gold River or down to Myra Falls. I too think 0 toe would be a good starting place and try 1.5- 1.750 negative camber. Depending on how good the sidewalls on your tires are, this would be a good starting range. Try putting in 1 degree more caster if you can. On the tight twisty bits this helps induce more negative camber and, makes the car very stable at higher speeds. Toe out on the front makes the car VERY DARTY on most roads. I cannot remember if you have said what sort of adjustability you have on the back...but try to run REAR TOE IN. This will get rid of that feeling/tendancy for the car to feel like the rear end is going to come out and pass you on: bumpy tight corners, sudden lifting of the throttle on high speed sweepers, etc. You want the car to be able to take a nice stable "SET" in the corner once you have commited to your line...and have a bit of safety margin if you overcook it slightly.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bigbadblum

Post by bigbadblum »

yeah man nice shop, how big is it, looks alot like mine with the unpainted walls. mines 32 but 45
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

bertvorgon, We will have to get together for gold river, where is myra falls I am so excited about this summer. I have an adjustable rear cross member in the rear with specialty springs the car is set up good but I want to take it to the next level. my warehouse is 50 x 50 but I get to use 25 x 25.
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

dynobones, custom three core rad or was that two?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Hey Ratsun, Myra Falls is a left turn when you get to the bridge halfway to Gold River. It runs the full length of Buttle lake down to the copper mine at Myra Falls. It is a blast if there is no traffic. Best run....as with most runs...before the morning tourist traffic gets going. There is a campsite at the end of the lake, so it is important to miss the fishermen and other campers. That is good that you have the adjustable rear end. Maybe try 1/2 to 1 degree negative camber on the rear. What tires are you going to run? This is one of the biggest factors as to settings. A stiff sidewall construction makes a huge difference as to what the tires are doing on hard cornering.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

bertvorgon, For tires I am running yoko a 520's 14" for this summer and as for next I have not decided yet.

Got the tranny and diff full of oil today and started on the wiring ( I am scared)
Attachments
drivers side.JPG
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

engine
Attachments
engine2.JPG
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

interior
Attachments
interior.JPG
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Good tire choice, I run those on my Toyota GTS 195/50 X 15" on 7" rims. The 520's are not bad in the rain, when they are new. The side wall is pretty stiff being a 50 series. I personally like a tire with a more rounded sidewall transition to the tread area, that way the tire feels way more lineal if you get it onto the edge. The YOKO 032R's will be my choice for the Datsun. Reasonably priced and huge stick for the dollar. Good luck on the wiring, just have a nice big fire extinguisher handy (just kidding). Car looks really good. Did you or one of your friends have a car at the car show in Courteny last year? My nephew was down there and saw a 510 there. He lives up in Port Mcneill.

Keith Law
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

No I just moved to courtenay but I was at the auto x and show last sept.
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

Well I think I got most of the wiring problems figured out and now to put it all back together and wire in all of my accesories and then tape it all back together, I have managed to cut all of the wiring harness in the engine bay appart there were so many wires cut off in the harness, i will post a pic of the big pile.