Zootowndime's Dime

View and post your 510 project(s)
zootowndime

Re: Zootowndime's Dime

Post by zootowndime »

Spoolin the wheels are Konig Rewinds 15X7". Running Falken Azenis RT615 in 205 width.

Duke got around to hooking up the timing light. At idle when the car was warmed up i actually have base timing set to about 10 degress btc. When it is fully advanced it looks to be about 25-30 degrees btc. I think that if i were to run anymore base timing then when it was fully advanced it would be getting into the danger zone. Thats the one thing that i really wish I would have gone fuel injection w/ some sort of ems. Being able to actually have control over timing, because that is where you can really extract power throughout the powerband.
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

zootowndime wrote:Spoolin the wheels are Konig Rewinds 15X7". Running Falken Azenis RT615 in 205 width.

Duke got around to hooking up the timing light. At idle when the car was warmed up i actually have base timing set to about 10 degress btc. When it is fully advanced it looks to be about 25-30 degrees btc. I think that if i were to run anymore base timing then when it was fully advanced it would be getting into the danger zone. Thats the one thing that i really wish I would have gone fuel injection w/ some sort of ems. Being able to actually have control over timing, because that is where you can really extract power throughout the powerband.
What is the backspacing on them?
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

Spoolin, the back spacing on Rewinds is 4", as they are a 0 offset rim. I know that he is running some spacers though.

Zoo, that sounds about right with the timing. If you look at the stock map for a KA it is much more aggressive, but that is with efi. I am planning on running programmable ignition on mine in the near future, so I can extract the most out of the timing settings.

Thanks for answering all my questions, it's nice to have somebody running something so similar to me.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
zootowndime

Post by zootowndime »

Duke thats what my plan was w/ the ignition as well but I am kind of at a crossroads as to where I want to take the Datsun. I have some parts put together to build an sr20ve but still need a lot to make that all work. I like the carbed ka though, its still a strong motor and is super easy to work on if I run into any problems. No problem with helping you at. Thats what the realm is for
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com

Post by 3411 »

love that engine
zootowndime

Post by zootowndime »

Haha wow, well over 4 years since I last posted on here. What can I say going into business for yourself is quite time consuming and I haven't done a whole lot to the 510 besides enjoy it after it was up and running. About a year ago I sold off the carb setup and decided it was time to step up to a fuel injected setup in preparation for future plans which include boosting the KA. Also figured that since our business revolves primarily around tuning cars it might be a good idea to showcase what we are capable of. Anyway a bit of an update on where the car sits now. Car is running and AEM Infinity engine management system with all the sensors to to go along with it including oil pressure, oil temp, fuel pressure, air intake temp sensor, 5 bar MAP sensor, flex fuel sensor, AEM boost control solenoid, and AEM individual coil packs. Once everything is running will also focus on setting up wheel speed sensors for traction control management, as I have a feeling once this car sees boost it will most likely benefit from traction control!

Along with getting the car converted to fuel injection I've taken the time to address a lot of little things I overlooked when I first built the car. Not a complete overhaul yet but just little details here and there that I just didn't do or have learned to do better over the years. Also the fuel system has been entirely overhauled to get the car converted to EFI. Probably my favorite part of what's been done so far is the fuel tank setup in the trunk. Using all -6AN stainless hardlines in the trunk. Using Magnafuel pre and post pump stainless steel element fuel filters and Walbro 410lph E85 fuel pump. Working on wrapping up the engine bay fuel system but that consists so far of an AEM fuel rail, Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors, and a Aeromotive FPR. Will also be using hardlines in the engine bay and only a couple of nylon braided hose in the rear of the car to get over the subframe and from a bulkhead on the firewall to the fuel rail and from the flex fuel sensor back to the bulkhead for the return to the tank.

Also working on an oil cooler setup that will set behind the passenger high beam light that's been taken out. Will be converting the low beam lights to bi-xenon projectors. The driver side high beam will act as opening for the air inlet to to turbo.

I'll keep this thread updated with progress as I make it but things are moving forward a bit more week by week. Plan is to have the car back up and running come spring time and dry weather!
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com