L 30 stroker startup

View and post your 510 project(s)
510six

L 30 stroker startup

Post by 510six »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYiq9-i3NY

Took a vid of the motor during startup with very rough ignition and fuel maps.The AEM EMS system works well once several bugs were figured out.I do plan to move the cam position sensor from the modified distibutor and put it directly reading a tooth on the cam sprocket via another VR sensor.
510rob

RE: L 30 stroker startup

Post by 510rob »

RE: cam sensor

Click here to have a look at the data sheet for Melexis P/N MLX90217LUA

Click here for more applications data for hall sensors

DigiKey sell the MLX90217LUA for around $6.50 ea. Using a few basic bits and some wire, you could whip together a pretty neat cam sensor using this part - a cam sensor that is capable of reading true lobe position, not a reference magnet. The sensor has an amazing -40°C to +150°C range too

Another good sensor is the Melexis US5881LUA. Same temp rating, but just a unidirectional binary field sensor, for only $1.66 ea from DigiKey

just some food for thought...
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

WWHHAATT...a UNIDIRECTIONAL BINARY FIELD SENSOR...do I need one of these?
I have room on my dash....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan »

Come on Keith, get with the times. I've got 3 of these glued to my dashboard.

510rob

Post by 510rob »

That's a different kind of forcefield Paul; you are picking up some serious and majestic glory rays with that fantastic array of sensors & antennas! Man, and here I was talking about a regular old magnetic hall sensor...

UNIDIRECTIONAL BINARY FIELD SENSOR
UNIDIRECTIONAL = unipolar = doesn't monitor for reverse field polarization...
BINARY = when field strength is sufficient, signal transitions from binary 0 to binary 1 (i.e. there's no linear range between 0 and 1)...
FIELD SENSOR = it's just a magnetic field...

It's the first sensor that I mentioned that is the true gizmotron unit - THAT one is a 3-pin digital & analog self-adjusting field sampling sensor that has 10-bit S&H, 4-bit hysteresis, immunity to field alignment problems, no chopper delay. Man, now if you want to talk nerdy about sensor, THAT would be the one to discuss... the other one is old-school compared to the new one! The old one is like an old 3140 sensor! Ha - that is old! Ha. Ha ha. Ha HA ha neee heee hee hee beeep beep bep beeeeeep blip boooop booop click beep click meeeep...
supersportsedan
Supporter

Re: RE: L 30 stroker startup

Post by supersportsedan »

510rob wrote:Ha. Ha ha. Ha HA ha neee heee hee hee beeep beep bep beeeeeep blip boooop booop click beep click meeeep...
Rob, I always knew that you had lost it, but now it's really starting to show...
510six

RE: Re: RE: L 30 stroker startup

Post by 510six »

The only problem is that my EFI system is setup to read only Variable Reluctance sensors and Ford ones at that.I have a small threaded VR sensor that is going to be mounted in the fuel pump cover and will read a "tooth"(bolt) that`s threaded in the camshaft sprocket.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

thanks Rob 2000i. that's some good reading.

how big is your hard drive to know/remember/store all that knowledge?
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
510six

Post by 510six »

No what`s scary is I had to do a bunch of research on sensors to figure out what would work in my setup and I actually understood what Rob was talking about..in detail even.AEM EMS ROCKS
510rob

Post by 510rob »

what 1/4 mile times are you shooting for now?
510six

Post by 510six »

Better than before:). I am hoping for 600rwh with a Precision SC63 turbo and around a 100rwh shot of N20.Mid-low 10`s mabey.Plus it would be too cool to put some hurts on the idle Viper, Porsche, C6 Vette ect...