New swap-4G63T

View and post your 510 project(s)
jeffball610

Re: New swap-4G63T

Postby jeffball610 » 08 May 2017 20:04

I passed smog!!! Funny that Nevada makes you smog anything 1968 and newer while California is 1977 and newer.

In any case, I have my DMV appointment tomorrow to register it and the personalized plates are already ordered. I tied up a few small items today after my sigh of relief. Literally tied. Tied up the spaghetti under the dash. I'll fix it for good in the coming months. I replaced a few fuses that were underrated for the amp draw. Adjusted the brake pedal to take out some free play. It still needs some bleeding, but it's feeling much better with the 85 miles I've driven it so far. I also put in an adjustment screw for the clutch pedal. I need to put a pedal stop on the firewall at some point, but this makes it feel much better. It also needs a dead pedal. I also wrapped my downpipe in heat wrap to help manage temps. Last up was getting my idle to a reasonable 750rpm instead of the 1k rpm it's been at.

I'll keep putting miles on it and making small changes. I've got a few more parts in the mail like a turbo blanket and some better lug nuts. I got my "official" Datsun keychain from Nissan today and it's stating to look like a car. If everything remains on course, I'll be driving it to the car show on Saturday. Hopefully Peter Brock will be there to give me his input.

Woohoo. Officially 10 pages!!!
1972 Datsun 510
7-bolt 4G63T, EVO 9 pistons & rods, Garrett GT3076R, "Flipped" Stock Intake Manifold, Toyota R154, Z31 R200 w/ CVs

jeffball610

Postby jeffball610 » 29 Jul 2017 16:04

Small updates. The car is running well and I'll be attending my second autocross event tonight. I've installed Futofab camber/toe plates in the rear and did a proper alignment. I've installed some BMW ellipsoid headlights and a few creature comforts like a stereo and thin carpet. I'll continue to sort things out and update the car as it progresses. I'm so happy that I'm able to drive and enjoy this car after so long.

Also, I met with Mr. Peter Brock this morning at the local Cars and Coffee. He had some kind words to say about my build and I couldn't be happier to hear them from such a respected man. I'll also be attending his Open House here in Las Vegas on October 6th. I hope to see some of you there.

This morning I met Mr. Peter Brock at my local Cars and Coffee and he gave some kind words to me about my build. I couldn't be happier to receive his feedback.He also mentioned an Open House on October 6th that I will be attending.

Small updates include BMW ellipsoid headlights, a stereo with speakers mounted in a new rear deck panel, some carpeting, and a better EG Civic center console. I'll post more pics when I switch things over to another photo hosting service.

And my custom plates came in after almost 2 months of waiting :)
1972 Datsun 510
7-bolt 4G63T, EVO 9 pistons & rods, Garrett GT3076R, "Flipped" Stock Intake Manifold, Toyota R154, Z31 R200 w/ CVs

510rob

Postby 510rob » 29 Jul 2017 18:38

I see what you did with that license plate - nice work!

Byron510

Postby Byron510 » 31 Jul 2017 23:55

That's awesome, nice photo and it must feel good to have a Pete Brock kudo's over your project.

Good to hear of another installation of my camber toe brackets being caned on.

Great to hear that miles are being racked up - that's what it's all about! Keep 'em comming.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

Return to “Project Builds”