**sdterrible1 sr20 Datsun**

View and post your 510 project(s)
spoolinitup33

Re: **sdterrible1 sr20 Datsun**

Post by spoolinitup33 » 25 Feb 2009 19:07

icehouse wrote:
johnbureezu wrote:Uber awesome man! I like it. When you gonna roll down to SD for a cruise?

Oh and ICE...whats this about the MAf. Ive been blowin air through my headlight for years now. Ima try pluggin it a see what happens.

It was worse in my buddies s13, but it also didn't have a filter so it was really getting some force induction. Is the wind blowing directly on the MAF? It probably won't be bad if it's out of the line of fire :D Just something I've noticed. It's also bad to have a short intake on an NA motor, lots of people do it but the reading isn't as good. I've talked to shop owners who also agree, but the BB list sure didn't :shock:
I used to have a 300zx turbo, and I drove it for a couple of days without an air filter. It wouldn't ever idle right, and sometimes when it hit boost, it would start to cut out. I put an air filter on it, and it idled fine and would boost fine. It was like it was getting too much air flow or something. But I mean the wind wasn't blowing straight into the maf or anything, it was behind stuff in the engine bay.

sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 » 26 Feb 2009 10:44

Huh good info guys. never thought that could be an issue. I think im going to throw that headlight back in there then.. maybe make it look a little stocker lol.

But anyways im having some trouble with my brakes...still. I have the back brakes working fine but i cant get the front brakes to work at all. I have some fluid going to the passanger side line (not through the caliper, just with the hose off before the caliper) but its hardly any pressure. And im getting no fluid on the driver side line. When i blead the breaks it also seems that im not eaving loosing any fluid out of the resover. BTW which resover is for the front brakes? im pretty sure its the rear one (closest to the firewall). My first thought is that the master isn working, but its brand new. I know its probably user error and i just got to keep tying the blead all the air out. but IDK??
johnbureezu wrote:Uber awesome man! I like it. When you gonna roll down to SD for a cruise?

Oh and ICE...whats this about the MAf. Ive been blowin air through my headlight for years now. Ima try pluggin it a see what happens.
Ill be down the way to cruz soon man, my car is going over to JSP in a week or so to have him finish some small things and wix the MAF issue. My car will be done just in time for summer :D

Do you guys like the ROOF RACK lol, i got it at the junk yard off of a 73 Civic.
Drive a Datsun

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 26 Feb 2009 11:14

By new master do you mean a Shucks unit? If so those things are JUNK!!! I have the part number for a nissan zx master if you want it, if you order it off nissanparts.cc it shouldn't be to spendy. Not that I'm 100% sure that is your problem but I've done enough datto brakes to know that I would rather have a junk yard factory master than a new Shucks unit!!! Ikkkyyyy What brakes does your car have? Stock?
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes » 26 Feb 2009 11:15

It's the rear res for the fronts. Have you bled the MC itself? Have you checked the piston connected to the brake pedal that actuates the MC? Either you have a bum one, or its not getting actuated.

sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 » 26 Feb 2009 11:28

This is the master i got. I picked it up from Baz at Datsport. http://datsport.com/Tandem_master_cylinder.html
See its weird when i go to blead the master i have someone pump it up about 10 time and hold it, then blead the master. But Nothing seems to come out. The pedal dosent drop at all. I do recal that the old master and the new master arnt the exact same the, the bleading valves are on the opposite side. And the pin/shaft (the one pushing the fluid from the pedal) didnt seem to be the same but i figured that since the back brakes were working that the master was working??
Drive a Datsun

thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt » 26 Feb 2009 11:46

Why aren't you just opening the bleed screws and pumping it into a container?
I'm your huckleberry.

sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 » 26 Feb 2009 12:06

Thats what i have been doing. But when i do this, the pedal dosent drop at all. and i dont seem to be loosing any fluid out of the resover? Im gonna get into it tonight and see whats really going on. I just hate taking all the brakes apart cuz that shit gets everywhere :(
Drive a Datsun

thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt » 26 Feb 2009 12:18

What do you mean it doesn't drop?
I'm your huckleberry.

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 26 Feb 2009 23:19

Try opening both, it should drop then. Is the rod adjusted correctly?

sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 » 27 Feb 2009 09:06

Woohoo :D I got them working.. I just needed to actually spend a good while bleeding all the air out (finally found someone to help me long enough).. They work pretty well now. Still feel kind of squishy but im going to bleed them again when I got more fluid, ran out last night and see if that helps. Thanks for the info again guys.

BTW, Icehouse, you were asking about ground clearance. I measured last night and the front of my pan is 4" from the ground.
Drive a Datsun

icehouse

Post by icehouse » 27 Feb 2009 11:45

WOW thats good clearance!!! I'm jealous!!! Hopefully my new setup will give me that kinda ground clearance.

sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 » 01 Jul 2009 15:29

Got a little update.

I decided that I wanted to rewire the car, so I bought a universal harness and am in the process of installing that right now. Here are some picks.

Also getting some fat-mat layed down.

And installed a radiator over flow.
Attachments
DSC00582.JPG
DSC00583.JPG
DSC00566.JPG
Drive a Datsun

sdterrible1

Re: **sdterrible1 sr20 510**

Post by sdterrible1 » 01 Jul 2009 15:32

Also got a new steering wheel, and quick release.
Attachments
DSC00517.JPG
DSC00568.JPG
DSC00588.JPG
Drive a Datsun

johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu » 02 Jul 2009 12:53

lookin good man!
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/

chongmang