4 link wagon...needs new motor

View and post your 510 project(s)
butters68
Supporter

Re: 4 link wagon...needs new motor

Post by butters68 »

man i'm not sure what the paint code is.we have it marked down at the body shop were i got the paint from. :|
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Man! looks very nice! Yellow is really hard to match....but it looks really nice! looks like you are going through everything and doing it right! keep up the great work and keep the pics coming!
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

It's getting closer everyday. I decided to redo my seat rails and mounts.
Here is what i started with, 2 pieces of angle aluminium with holes drilled in it. They had this crazy gangster lean thing goin on.
sourced some orignal seat rails and mated them to my recaros with wedge engineering brackets.
It's makes a world of a difference having the seats properly aligned. I have to relocate my sidebrake though due to the seats being centered and closer to the driveshaft tunnel.
Oh and this was covered in another thread...Redid my brake line n stuff.
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

hey guy, do you have any pics of your rear brake line route from in side fire wall. :mrgreen:
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

FINALLY got the motor in. It was a PITA 'cos of the oil pan and other bastard issues but progress is had.
freshness
freshness
PS. I'll get some pics of the brakeline inside the cabin. Not final though.
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

I've been spending the week trying to figure out how the PO wired the Sr up and I ended up having to redo a few thing....Ok, A lot of things. ;) There a were a bunch of 'color changing' wires and ghost power wires just hanging around so I decided to clean it up while I was in it.
I'm still debating switching to a single large fan VS my current dual fan setup. It works but seems to run hotter than it should.
Here's my nifty lil ground setup. I used to have the grounds hooked up individually all over the firewall. Ew. We all know how finicky SRs are about having solid grounds. It's a GM battery side post adapter.
Now I'm dealing with this mess. Notice all the splice connects close to the ecu side of the harness? I think it was a trial and error deal or someone in the past had some type of piggyback computer setup.
Thanks to Icehouse's wiring diagram, I made this lil relay box to clean things up.
I was hoping to have it done by JCCS, but at this point I really don't want to rush anything as I took my time on everything else. And for some reason my headlights don't work anymore. More tracing to do. I may just rewire the entire headlight and get rid of the old school relays. Any suggestions?
160j

Post by 160j »

I'm quite late on this reply but I happen to have a 4linked 78 510 and just for kicks went and looked at the link setup and it appears the upper links are short and link ?outside? instead of inside. If anyone is interested in pics and or measurements PM me and I will crawl under it and see what I can do. Or maybe I will toss a post up in the suspension section if several are interested.
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Been on a hiatus for a bit, but I thought that I'd post my new turbo setup.
I had some running issues with the stock t25 so I pulled and noticed excessive shaft play, so we all know what that means :wink:
Time for something cooler and moww powahhhh.
I was originally gonna go with a Garrett GT2860RS disco potato but I ended up with a Precision 4828. Basically the same turbo with a billett compressor wheel.
It's not a huge turbo which is perfect for midrange and spool up, but it's a big difference from the T25.
I can't wait to get this sucka running again! Now I need some 550cc injectors and some good tuning. Stoked!
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Been a while since I posted on this thread. Since time has passed, the car has been up and running for quite a while now. Still a work in progress for sure though. ironically, even though it's not 'finished' I got my car featured on a friend's site. Cant show the pics just yet cause it hasn't been released but here's a teaser shot.

I post the link once it's up.
Super top notch work by these guys over at www.styleovercomfort.com