The SSE (Super Sport Estate) Project

View and post your 510 project(s)
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: The SSE (Super Sport Estate) Project

Post by two_68_510s »

Hey Monte,

Is that shop for business? It looks like it is a in concrete tilt-up type building?
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

two_68_510s wrote:Hey Monte,

Is that shop for business? It looks like it is a in concrete tilt-up type building?
No business, just Datsuns and other hobby stuff, basically to replace the old home shop. Whats nice about this commerical building, is that each unit is owner occupied, has 20' ceilings, 3 phase power. The front and back walls are concrete tilt-up with metal studs between units. It also has an office with a kitchenette, I real man cave!
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

I'll have to finish that last pair of rods I have been putting off so your shop can be complete!! :wink:
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

two_68_510s wrote:I'll have to finish that last pair of rods I have been putting off so your shop can be complete!! :wink:
Hey, no problem, I have so much stuff to still do. Wire up the air compressor, install the air piping, install the step-up 220v to 380v 3 phase transformer for the CNC,install the VFD for the manual mill ,level the CNC & the one manual mill, make a grinder bench for the various grinders. To say the least, I won't be working on the Datsuns for a while.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

THat's a clean looking shop! Could you please explain "tilt up".....thanks!
finn
Supporter

Post by finn »

510wizard wrote:
two_68_510s wrote:Hey Monte,

No business, just Datsuns and other hobby stuff, basically to replace the old home shop. Whats nice about this commerical building, is that each unit is owner occupied, has 20' ceilings, 3 phase power. The front and back walls are concrete tilt-up with metal studs between units. It also has an office with a kitchenette, I real man cave!
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.13 KiB) Viewed 4963 times
'69 2dr KA24DET
okayfine wrote:You could turn the car into a Transformer. Just a matter of money and talent. Front-hinge hood would be easier, but you still need money. And talent.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

510rob

Post by 510rob »

http://s249.photobucket.com/user/datsun ... 2.jpg.html

I appreciate that you aligned the bolt.
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

510rob wrote:http://s249.photobucket.com/user/datsun ... 2.jpg.html

No problem, if I didn't you guys would notice :)
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

510wizard wrote:
510rob wrote:http://s249.photobucket.com/user/datsun ... 2.jpg.html

No problem, if I didn't you guys would notice :)

All true words. Inspection must approve.
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

Anything? A smidgen of wizard stuff?
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

Yes,
I agree! Throw us a bone. We need a wizard fix 'cause the wait is killing us.
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Sorry to disappoint you guys on the SSE stuff, just being doing Garage/ FJ40 things. First the wife decided to call the new place Corporate HQ so new signage;

Made a little wall art for the front office with some 1930's headlamps with remote control leds for the lights. Needed a grill, but all the ones on ebay etc. were crazy money so I made one;

All done after a little polishing/wiring;

Made a grinding/polishing bench that has all the bench grinders/belt sander in one place,so that i can wheel the whole thing outside or by the back door. It keep the mess to a min. It has drawers to keep,air tools, Rolocs,grinding wheels, sanding belts all in one place;

Got the air lines done and polished up. Also put in high flow connectors on all of outlets and the hoses;

And also have been working on the big project, the FJ40. After seeing that the FJ's are going for some crazy money, I am taking my time at the details;

So you can see I have been busy, but not on the SSE. HQ is pretty much done, only real thing that is left to do is some small parts storage cabinets. Hope when the weather starts warming up, then full blast ahead on the FJ, then the SSE.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Wall art is awesome. Beautiful space. It's much like the space I have been renting for the past 10 years - commercial area, tilt up construction, 21' high ceiling. I have 1 concrete wall on one side as well, and steel stud wall on the other.
It's great because I could make as much noise as I wanted, anytime of the day. And crank the music over it all. Rent from my good friend who shares the space with me has been more than reasonable. But the distance from home over the last number of years just means it hasn't been utilized, which means projects haven't been moving forward and really the low rent hasn't even been much worth the costs. Hence the Shed...in the back yard solving the proximity issue - now motivation will need to solve the project moving forward issue!
Power is a concern in my new place, however. I will run a 3Ph generator for the machines, but will only be able to run one machine at a time. I did build a nearly 12' ceiling, it was th4e max I could do under building restriction in my residential area. The stereo certainly won't be vibrating the building any more, as I have neighbors to keep happy. The Shed will work fine,but I sure did enjoy the commercial space and will remember that. But I am a bit envious of you being able to build your own commercial space though, it's truly perfect! And looks bright, organized and clean, which makes all the difference in any space - regardless of location. Great job. And nice FJ!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Thanks! You should really look into the Phase Perfect, you can run more than one machine at a time and the power is cleaner than the power company and when I sold it, pretty much got my money back. Pm me if you want details.