The 510 (over three years on my project)

View and post your 510 project(s)
nickledimeme
Supporter

Re: The 510 (over three years on my project)

Post by nickledimeme »

you can get new wheel bearing grease caps from "redat" on ebay for cheap..that would sure hepu the finishing touch on your rear suspension details.
The510

Post by The510 »

hey thanks im gonna check it out. I know there is a lot of things left. I have not started with any of the finishing touchs yet. I want to make sure the whole thing works before i get to the pretty parts.
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

The510 wrote:hey thanks im gonna check it out. I know there is a lot of things left. I have not started with any of the finishing touchs yet. I want to make sure the whole thing works before i get to the pretty parts.
I totally understand where you are coming from.....I have made several changes on mine mid project over the past 2 years which has cuased my delays. I want it to be done right....just like your doing. I wish I lived in CA for logistical purposes. There are alot of real good sources for you guys down there. Shipping and having to wait for stuff gets old and caused alot of delays.

And by the way.....you have alot pretty parts on that car already. 8)
sdterrible1

Post by sdterrible1 »

sweet car.. i like how it looks with the flat black, put all the chrome back on and it would look killer. :D
Drive a Datsun
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

be aware that on some of the Higher offset wheels the 280zx strut dust caps won't fit behind the centercaps, I have the TE-37's and they won't fit, they stick out to far and hit the center cap, I was in the junk yard and got a set of dust caps off the rear of a maxima, they are shorter, but i had already shipped my car and can't try them yet.
The510

Post by The510 »

Yea i bet! Dang i never really relized how many resources are by me until i really though about it. But now i feel very lucky!!! your car looks great though! Rome was not build over night
The510

Post by The510 »

Yea Mario went with me to the wheel shop so it should all work. What year maxima do ya know?
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

like 87/88 or so.....the square one....had disc brakes on the back, I was getting the brake brackets and calipers, to try and make a hand brake, I noticed the caps were same diameter and a little more shallow so i grabbed them.....it's worth a try....only a few bucks if they don't fit....
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

goichi1 - how will your dust cap clear the protruding spindle if you get a shorter cap (or just do what everyone seems to and hit them with a hammer ;)).
I'm your huckleberry.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

nickledimeme wrote:you can get new wheel bearing grease caps from "redat" on ebay for cheap..that would sure hepu the finishing touch on your rear suspension details.
you can also get them new from nissan still. I think I put the part number in the part numbers sticky
I'm your huckleberry.
brknrekord
Supporter

Post by brknrekord »

thisismatt wrote:goichi1 - how will your dust cap clear the protruding spindle if you get a shorter cap (or just do what everyone seems to and hit them with a hammer ;)).
I think he said the center cap for the new rims wont seat with the dust cap installed.

This car is purty :!:
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

The510 wrote:James johnson is painting it pretty soon
8)
tell him to hurry so i can get my wagon up there.

im liking the flat black too :mrgreen:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

hang_510 wrote:
The510 wrote:James johnson is painting it pretty soon
8)
tell him to hurry so i can get my wagon up there.

im liking the flat black too :mrgreen:

Never hurry a painter........you will regret it in the long run. :lol:
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

thisismatt wrote:goichi1 - how will your dust cap clear the protruding spindle if you get a shorter cap (or just do what everyone seems to and hit them with a hammer ;)).
yea, I mean that the wheel will not seat without hitting the dust cap. The wheel center cap is too shallow to clear the dust cap.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

goichi1 wrote:
yea, I mean that the wheel will not seat without hitting the dust cap. The wheel center cap is too shallow to clear the dust cap.
Right, but if you get a shallower dust cap won't it hit the actual spindle?
I'm your huckleberry.