sr20det intake manifold gasket

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
spoolinitup33

sr20det intake manifold gasket

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Are there any engines that have the same intake manifold gasket as the SR20det? I already bought one for the Sr20DE that's in the sentra Se-r, but it's not the same. Im thinking that I read somewhere one time that you can get one off of another car, but I can't find where I saw it. I found the part numbers for the gasket and I guess I'd have to order it from nissan.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: sr20det intake manifold gasket

Post by okayfine »

What's not the same about the gasket you have? I used a '91 SE-R intake manifold gasket on my S13 SR20DE.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

okayfine wrote:What's not the same about the gasket you have? I used a '91 SE-R intake manifold gasket on my S13 SR20DE.
I'll get a picture of it tomorrow, it's got this extra piece of gasket that doesn't need to be there. And even if it wasn't, I'm still not sure that it will fit on there right. I told them I wanted one off of a '94 sentra se-r.

Edit:
According to this website, you can only get the intake gasket through Nissan. It has OEM USDM replacement parts and part numbers at the bottom.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Well the part number for the S13 intake manifold gasket on that website doesn't bring up anything at the Nissan dealership, the s14 part number for the manifold gasket comes up though. Would there be that much difference in an s13 and s14 gasket? Couldn't I just put some high temp. silicone on the inside and outside of the old gasket and call it good?

Edit:
I just typed in s14 sr20det intake manifold gasket on yahoo, just to see what they looked like. It's the same as the gasket I got for the sr20de out of the sentra. Did they make blacktop sr20de's? I told them I needed a gasket from a '94, maybe I should try a earlier year.
Last edited by spoolinitup33 on 19 Jun 2009 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

spoolinitup33 wrote:Well the part number for the S13 intake manifold gasket on that website doesn't bring up anything at the Nissan dealership, the s14 part number for the manifold gasket comes up though. Would there be that much difference in an s13 and s14 gasket? Couldn't I just put some high temp. silicone on the inside and outside of the old gasket and call it good?
S13 vs S14 is high port versus low port?

In any case, if your old gasket is in good shape and both the head and manifold flange surfaces are flat, you likely won't have a problem reusing the gasket with some goo.

I bought an intake manifold gasket set from Rockauto for the '91 SE-R and used the gasket successfully on my S13 SR20DE. Which version of the SR do you have? Did you take that picture of the gasket on the engine to show what's wrong?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

I have the red top SR. Here's a picture of the one I have, that piece towards the right on the top is the part that shouldn't be there.
Attachments
Nissan_Intake_Manifold_Gasket_S14S15_1.jpg
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

That doesn't look like my S13 intake manifold pattern at all. Looks more like a KA with the water neck integrated with the intake manifold.

Edit: Should look something like this, correct?

spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Yeah thats the one I need. Is that the one you got for your '91 se-r?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

No, that's just a picture I grabbed off the internet. My gasket did look exactly like that, however.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

okayfine wrote:No, that's just a picture I grabbed off the internet. My gasket did look exactly like that, however.
Ok then I will get one off of a '91 SE-R. I guess maybe the sr20de's are like the sr20dets and there is an s13 and s14. I must have gotten the s14 gasket.