2006 RI60 Outback XT limited 2.5 turbo 5MT LSD

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

2006 RI60 Outback XT limited 2.5 turbo 5MT LSD

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Guys,

I was fortunate to find this unit at my local pick-n-pull .I need your input here, Ive read countless threads and can't seem to find the answer to my question.
Is there a write up on what parts are needed to mount this LSD unit in my 2 door 510 as far as the half shafts mounting to the subie unit.
Does any one make a cv conversion for the 510 or know of a way of doing the upgrade that will mount to this R160.

Thanks in advance.

Vince
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
okayfine
Supporter

Re: 2006 RI60 Outback XT limited 2.5 turbo 5MT LSD

Post by okayfine »

DQ Volume 9 Issue 4 - Tech How-To: VLSD Installation - Subaru VLSDs are now more common (and cheaper) than clutch-pack R160s. Australian Peter Otzen documents the fabrication necessary to use 510 half shafts and make the installatino a bolt-in.

or

DQ Volume 11 Issue 2 - Tech How-To: Subaru VLSD Adapters — Robert Powell shows how he installed the Subaru VLSD into his 510. This method differs from DQ 9.4 as Robert wanted to retain his CV axle setup that uses the VW Type-II CNC adapters.

or

DQ Volume 12 Issue 4 - Tech How-To: Installing an '06 Subaru STR-R R180LSD — Beta Motorsports 27T stubs create new possibilities. Accessorize your new differential with a Perrin large-capacity diff cover.

If you want to convert from halfshafts to CVs, there are also companies that are making complete bolt-on kits to do so using the VLSD.

And:
viewtopic.php?p=202717#p202717

The information is out there.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Re: 2006 RI60 Outback XT limited 2.5 turbo 5MT LSD

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

okayfine wrote:DQ Volume 9 Issue 4 - Tech How-To: VLSD Installation - Subaru VLSDs are now more common (and cheaper) than clutch-pack R160s. Australian Peter Otzen documents the fabrication necessary to use 510 half shafts and make the installatino a bolt-in.

or

DQ Volume 11 Issue 2 - Tech How-To: Subaru VLSD Adapters — Robert Powell shows how he installed the Subaru VLSD into his 510. This method differs from DQ 9.4 as Robert wanted to retain his CV axle setup that uses the VW Type-II CNC adapters.

or

DQ Volume 12 Issue 4 - Tech How-To: Installing an '06 Subaru STR-R R180LSD — Beta Motorsports 27T stubs create new possibilities. Accessorize your new differential with a Perrin large-capacity diff cover.

If you want to convert from halfshafts to CVs, there are also companies that are making complete bolt-on kits to do so using the VLSD.

And:
viewtopic.php?p=202717#p202717

The information is out there.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Very much appreciated.
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !