HalTech ECU install on L28

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
Byron510

Re: HalTech ECU install on L28

Post by Byron510 »

Aeromotive is what I used the second time around for a FPR on the Bronze - recommended buy a number of guys here on the Realm - has worked flawlessly since I installed it, thanking you all for the suggestion.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=530&hilit=Fuel+pre ... &start=795

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I'm surprised that the Mallory failed so soon. I had already pretty much decided on an Aeromotive when Summit put them on sale It was a good choice. Last thing I need is a fuel pressure regulator messing up when I'm trying to Tune an EFI system.

I'll likley plumb the fuel rail and FPR similar to what you have done, although I'm going to leave the FP gauge attached. If the Fuel Pressure starts to fluctuate for some reason, you might catch it on the gauge while " tinkering ".

I bought a Fragola gauge unit and went for the dry type, not liquid filled. The Liquid type vary considerably with under hood temps, unless you buy Aeromotive self compensating ones and those are quite expensive. The dry types do not vary with temperature, are just as accurate and cost $17.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Just discovered something really neat. I was helping a member on Hybrid-Z who was using a MegaSquirt with Tuner Studio. Tuner Studio is VE based and is much newer Software than my HalWin 1.71. HalWin fuel tables are all injector PW based. Tuner Studio can do VE based fuel maps. So I just inputed my engine size, injector size and a few other Parameters into TS. It calculated all my injector PW values. I can then save that as an Excel file and Import them into my HalWin fuel map. Badda bing... I've got a base Fuel Map made tailored to my engine.

Might try that with some later HalWin software that can do VE based Fuel maps. Fun and games...
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That's all good...but....

Can your Tuner Studio get ROCK 101 with Willy in the morning? If not......PPPHHHTTTTT!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

No.. but my Halwin probably can. Just trying to find the setting to make Latte's... :D

Edit: Funny thing is. Been thinking about it, and I could do it. I already have a 350W Invertor ( 12v - 120V ). I could run a relay to the +12V battery feed, trigger the relay with an auxiliary output from the Haltech ECU and install a switch on the center Console for " Latte's ". Just gotta get one of those Keurig coffee makers.... Hmmmm....