L16 Issues. Confirm my worst fears

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
RMS
Supporter

Re: L16 Issues. Confirm my worst fears

Post by RMS »

my one and only matchbox dizzy will find its way into the 68 unless someone wants to pay $120. I have over a dozen L16 cores and they are hardly worth the time taken to strip the mounts hardware pan and pickup to one day sell or trade to someone doing a L20b.

I do have an optical dizzy with a crane box whos full potential will never be realized on a stock to mild street Lseries

im not getting rich off datsun parts, i only do it to get more 510s on the road and out of the weeds.
if it was not for my free storage it would cost me hundreds of dollars a month to keep this stuff and I have to listen to the woman bitch every time I sell something as its is usually well under market value.

Im not makethemoveto or Tokyo to, im just a datsun nut
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

OK... well you do have to adjust the Primary jetting up a bit when you run the PCV valve, compared to a non PCV tune. It is basically a controlled vacuum leak. And do make sure that you are running the correct Datsun PCV valve. They are flow calibrated to the engine size.
LifelikeStatue

Post by LifelikeStatue »

So my father in law came over with his compression tester and we took a look. 150, 150, 150, 70. Cylinder closest to the firewall, 1 or 4, is way down. We added a little oil right in the spark plug hole and it came up to 110. Rings are toast. RMS, save me that engine and that matchbox dizzy. $320 for both. I'll send a PM when I'm ready. Hopefully pretty soon.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

sounds good.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

RMS wrote:my one and only matchbox dizzy will find its way into the 68 unless someone wants to pay $120. I have over a dozen L16 cores and they are hardly worth the time taken to strip the mounts hardware pan and pickup to one day sell or trade to someone doing a L20b.

I do have an optical dizzy with a crane box whos full potential will never be realized on a stock to mild street Lseries

im not getting rich off datsun parts, i only do it to get more 510s on the road and out of the weeds.
if it was not for my free storage it would cost me hundreds of dollars a month to keep this stuff and I have to listen to the woman bitch every time I sell something as its is usually well under market value.

Im not makethemoveto or Tokyo to, im just a datsun nut
You are probably a dead man if, or at least seriously concussed by " The Marble Rolling Pin of Doom ", if a certain Lady sees this... :shock:
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

Chickenman wrote:
" The Marble Rolling Pin of Doom ",
:lol:

if it was not for her I would probably give most parts away.... because I would feel bad ....ya know poor guy puts in a new motor and spends the night doing burnouts then eventually breaks a control arm....you know Im going to want to help then point and laugh, take some pic's :mrgreen:
LifelikeStatue

Post by LifelikeStatue »

Knowing my luck one burnout would grenade the rear end
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.