Aftermarket Engine Mounts - CRAP

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
zKars
Supporter

Aftermarket Engine Mounts - CRAP

Post by zKars »

So I purchased a couple of new engine mounts from Rock Auto. Beck Arneley 1040827. When they arrived, I was surprised by a couple of things.

The first of course is the apparent quality. The metal plate these these are made from is about 20 gauge tin rather than the ~3/16 thick plate on the stock ones. Second, the overall height is near 1.5 times the height of any used mounts I have around. At least the mount holes are in the right place, and the mounting stud is M10x1.25 like the stock ones.

So my question is this. Does anyone have a NEW OEM Nissan mount in their possession to determine the correct new installed height? I'm guessing all my used ones are somewhat compressed, and these new ones will push my L/Z-24 out of the damn hood about an inch! Forget that.
IMG_2766.JPG
IMG_2766.JPG (215.33 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
spriso

Re: Aftermarket Engine Mounts - CRAP

Post by spriso »

OEM Nissan mounts are still available from Nissan for the 510. Get the correct ones and forget it!

Nissan part number 11220-A3500

Michael
Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports
www.spriso.com
SteveEdmonton
Supporter

Post by SteveEdmonton »

Hi Jim;
I had exactly the same experience with exactly the same crappy parts, a year ago. I couldn't believe RockAuto sold these things for the 510, they're so incredibly out-of-spec. What the...?

As Michael suggests, I ended up ordering the genuine ones from Nissan and of course they fit perfectly. Installed in my car, these Nissan ones are 36.2mm in height, including the metal slabs on both sides. That's after being there for about a year, but I doubt they've compressed a whole lot in that time.
'71 4-door
'74 MGB-GT
'04 Miata
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Those mounts may be for the later 510's so they simply market them for all the 510's thinking their all the same. Their not gear heads just a supply warehouse.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
iceD

Post by iceD »

Zconnecxion
85US$

ice D