'75-'79 200SX trans

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
iceD

Re: '75-'79 200SX trans

Post by iceD »

If you want to get back on topic I have a Maxima 5 speed, according to Magic Mikes formula, $300 plus shipping from V7E 1W9. Or I will deliver it in the lower mainland.

ice D
Edm620

Post by Edm620 »

My intent is to run the original engine IF I can get a decent boost in power - main thing is to have reliability - I'm building this to drive it not primarily for show. But if a couple hundred HP isn't practical then I'm open to doing a swap. At this point I'm not concerned about sticking with Nissan though I'd maybe possibly remotely consider a domestic swap (I'm not a bow-tie man nor Mo-Po, might consider a blue oval). What would sway me more than anything is making it too complex, I like the KISS principal and frankly I have no idea what a VG33 is (assume a 3.3L??). Gotta be a stick though, no auto for gearhead like me.

I'm open to ideas and your experiences.
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Ugandan Proverb

76 620 Full custom/resto-mod
Edm620

Post by Edm620 »

iceD wrote:If you want to get back on topic I have a Maxima 5 speed, according to Magic Mikes formula, $300 plus shipping from V7E 1W9. Or I will deliver it in the lower mainland.

ice D
I may indeed want that trans - lets see where the whole engine swap thing goes first.
Ugandan Proverb

Edm620

Post by Edm620 »

Byron510 wrote:Edm = Edmonton... AB

"Pat's aged right between my father and I... and I'm no longer a spring chicken"

Yes indeed - at least the truck is still younger than me! :lol:

Byron
Ugandan Proverb

Edm620

Post by Edm620 »

I'm learning! It looks like doing a SR20DE is a good way to go (DET even better?!?). 2750 lb truck...
Overall I anticipate swapping into the 620 would be very similar to doing a 510.

I'm going to have to lean on you young guys for some technical support, as I'm pretty old tech myself. Where in Alberta or BC would be a good source for a SR20? What would I expect to pay for a "motor unit" and is finding a 6 speed difficult? A low mileage JDM unit just makes sense to me over a high mileage NA product from a wreckers (sorry - recycler) but if I gotta open it up, more HP is always better :D

The 40+ year old truck has ZERO electronics, is the swap relatively self-contained or what sensors/systems etc. will I have to build in?

Thanks guys!
Ugandan Proverb