Another source of valve lash pads

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
zKars
Supporter

Another source of valve lash pads

Post by zKars »

Someone on hybridZ from the UK mentioned a source for lash pads from a company I had not heard from before. They are Precision Shims from Australia

precisionshims.com.au

They have both flat bottom and recessed bottom (like stock) lash pads in any thickness. They have stock thicknesses in 0.5 mm steps, but will make you any thickness. They make shims as they call them for many many engines. They even have the size printed on the edge!

Now the best part. Price. They are $9 AUS each for the flat bottom. For Canadians, this is fantastic, as the dollar is near par with Auzzie land. In fact I had about a 1% advantage in exchange rate on the day I bought some. US folks will win even further with a 30%+ advantage. Anything Datsun I can buy from Australia is an easy choice for Canadians with the crazy US exchange rate.

Chris Bullen, the owner, was great to work with and very responsive. Shipping was fast (about 10 days) and three sets (36) in a padded envelope was $30.
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG (220.42 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
IMG_3447.JPG
IMG_3447.JPG (300.47 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
Highly recommended!
Chickenman

Re: Another source of valve lash pads

Post by Chickenman »

Thanks for sharing Jim.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Re: Another source of valve lash pads

Post by Three B's Racing »

zKars wrote: 18 Jul 2018 09:12 Someone on hybridZ from the UK mentioned a source for lash pads from a company I had not heard from before. They are Precision Shims from Australia

precisionshims.com.au

They have both flat bottom and recessed bottom (like stock) lash pads in any thickness. They have stock thicknesses in 0.5 mm steps, but will make you any thickness. They make shims as they call them for many many engines. They even have the size printed on the edge!

Now the best part. Price. They are $9 AUS each for the flat bottom. For Canadians, this is fantastic, as the dollar is near par with Auzzie land. In fact I had about a 1% advantage in exchange rate on the day I bought some. US folks will win even further with a 30%+ advantage. Anything Datsun I can buy from Australia is an easy choice for Canadians with the crazy US exchange rate.

Chris Bullen, the owner, was great to work with and very responsive. Shipping was fast (about 10 days) and three sets (36) in a padded envelope was $30.

IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3447.JPG
Highly recommended!
Try here http://datnissparts.com/engine-mechanical/ lashpads @ $6.09 ea from .150 to .330+ thick.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon