Cuban Missle Crisis!!!

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Re: Cuban Missle Crisis!!!

Postby DonnieDatsun » 10 Oct 2016 20:29

Roger all of that, advice well received and much appreciated. I fully itended to install additional safety/rigidity to the chassis, seems like a must when you consider what it was built for.

I'm actually having one heck of a conundrum right now on a much more trivial issue. The power steering pump belt is squealing occasionally. It felt maybe a tad on the loose side so I've been trying to tweak the tension, I've been reading that there's a 14mm pivot bolt somewhere but I'm finding myself completely unable to identify it or find pics detailing its location. I've got a handle on the two 12mm bolts on the adjuster.

batfastard

Postby batfastard » 10 Oct 2016 20:45

Purchase a slightly shorter belt. The tensioner is at its limits. One more thing "I wanted to do".
I accidentally went full retard.

five&dime

Postby five&dime » 11 Oct 2016 10:18

I was having trouble finding this thread. Glad you guys linked up. I just let Jamie drive sweet pea :)

DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Postby DonnieDatsun » 11 Oct 2016 11:01

Haha, quite a different experience, eh Jamie?

batfastard

Postby batfastard » 11 Oct 2016 21:32

A stock 510 sporting original tires making a whopping 78rwhp vs one with a good suspension setup, big brakes, nice wide tires, and 330rwhp...... Not even close. I mean it's like comparing a model T to a modern corvette.

The "Sweet Pea" is a great cruiser though. As long as you keep it at or under 50mph. It's literally like a time machine... back to 1971, roll the windows down and just cruise the countryside, no radio to get in the way, just enjoy the ride. Like a small Cadillac, it's that smooth. Seriously though, that is one incredible clean car. I mean 17000 original miles? WTF? Great find for Brandon, he'll only make it better. I bet we never see another one as clean as his.
I accidentally went full retard.

DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Postby DonnieDatsun » 12 Oct 2016 07:48

I see great fame in that 510s future.

In other news, shorter ps belt: check. I actually had to get a 4-rib to get the right length from any of the local parts stores and cut a rib off. No more squealing, though.

Return to “Engine Swap”