510 ka swap wiring help. so cal

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
thisisthenewsic

510 ka swap wiring help. so cal

Post by thisisthenewsic »

hey guys.
i am having troubles finishing up the wiring for my 73 510. i am located in murrieta ca 92563. i was wondering if any locals who had no plans for sunday and monday would be able to come help me out. as those are my days off. i could pitch down a little gas for your help.

i need to finish wiring up the chassis as the chassis harness wasnt installed when the car was purchased. i also need to finish plugging in all the engine plugs for the engine harness. and finish up the wiring for that.

after that there are very few things i need done to have this car on the road.
have had this car since aug. gotten screwed over by a shop on work being performed and now im trying to get her running by myself.

any help is greatly appriciated.

sorry if this is in the wrong section. didnt know where exactly to put this.
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: 510 ka swap wiring help. so cal

Post by datzenmike »

"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
thisisthenewsic

Ya I have that and I think I did it right I just need to test it. My main thing is just gettin the chassis harness reinstalled for the car so I have headlights taillights blinkers ect.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Search. For member "oaklandsyd" He's already been there and done that, with that diagram, and we had to troubleshoot it.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your car? Do you have the FSM for year engine you swapped? Do you know how to read it? As oaklandsyd's thread will show you, it's really damn hard to tell someone how to wire in an engine swap over the internets.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
thisisthenewsic

alright thanks.
ill search for him.

i was just trying to see if someone could come out and help me with the wiring.
someone who knows what goes where and could help me so i learn some too.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

It's not magic. Most 510 owners get frightened by electrical issues, but often they are simple to solve if you approach them properly, have the right tools, and are willing to learn and figure out what things do. Stock 510 wiring is about as simple as it gets, and a Paologram is the best $20 you can spend on your car. The FSM is also very good in exploding out specific electrical circuits. Read it, determine what you need and don't need, then figure out what needs power when.

While Jeff's diagram is helpful to many, I think many others rely on it like a crutch, simply trying to match wire color to wire color and never understanding what they're doing or why. When a problem crops up during initial running or two years from now, that unfamiliarity with your own wiring system will only be a bigger problem.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson