How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by okayfine »

JDM510 wrote:10k thats alot of overhead for a hack job
Those in glass houses should not throw stones.
JDM510 wrote:i have personaly delt with mac and let me just say it was not a experence i will ever do again....
I'm not a fan of of McKinney's work either, but that's not really the point. The OP isn't going to travel from WA to lower CA to get a swap done anyway.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
JDM510

Post by JDM510 »

okayfine why dont you do his motor swap you are the SR king right??
Last edited by JDM510 on 24 Feb 2010 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Damn :cry: [pre-emptive]
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

JDM510 wrote:heres my hack job i really have way less then 1000 in the hole swap including the motor and tranny everything installed..... the kicker is all the work was done by me from the welding to the wiring so thats where i saved a TON!!!!
Hey, moron, no kidding, right? I mean, the OP is talking about costs for having an SR20DET swapped into his car, with, like, the shop doing ALL the work including post-install testing and you come in here with your "I'ma gunna do that for $1000, yo!" Except THAT is a 20+ year old KA24E that, based on the pictures, is far from running, that you did all by yourself.

So save your BS and stick to the topic.
JDM510 wrote:but all bullshit aside i say no more the 5k you provide the motor, anything more then 5k they would really be making alot of money off the swap.
Your ignorance is astounding.
JDM510 wrote:... since i owe you 40 bucks just bring it here ill r&r your vg for next to nothing!!!!
Why don't you just pay him the $40 straight up?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Oh no!!! Not this guy again
JDM510

Post by JDM510 »

okay fine my car is far from running????

thats funny i was driving it around all day yesterday....

i also never said i could do it for 1k, i installed a ka24e that i payed 140 bucks for with ecu and tranny... i said about 5k plus the motor.. i would pay no more then that.... plus that what mckinney quoted me for a sr install IDK where you got 10gs from must of been out of your ass where most all your info comes from...
Last edited by JDM510 on 24 Feb 2010 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

JDM510 wrote:okay fine my car is far from running????

thats funny i was driving it around all day yesterday....
That's funny, your pictures show an engine in the engine bay but no radiator, wiring, cooling system... Getting your dog to pull you around the hood ain't driving.

Or, perhaps you just suck at showing actual, up-to-date pictures. And even then, you're such a liar no one knows if/when you're telling the truth.
JDM510 wrote:why dont you keep your coments to your self if you have nothing positive to say dont say anything at all...
Listen to yourself you homophobic hypocrite. Who's got the reputation as a liar and a cheat?
JDM510 wrote:didnt your mommy teach you any better???
From the frying pan into the fire. You go from "keep your comments to your [sic] self if you have nothing positive to say" to "your mom" slams? Dumbass.
JDM510 wrote:i also never said i could do it for 1k,
JDM510 wrote:i just finished my swap within one week and spents less then 1k!!!!!!"
:roll:
JDM510 wrote: i installed a ka24e that i payed 140 bucks for with ecu and tranny...
Right, which has NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread.
JDM510 wrote: i said about 5k plus the motor.. i would pay no more then that....
You say lots of things, it's hard to keep track and figure out what you actually believe versus your bullshit.
JDM510 wrote: plus that what mckinney quoted me for a sr install IDK where you got 10gs from
dp61 wrote:If you want to pay someone you'd be looking around $10k inc parts. That is what McKinney Motorsports has quoted in the past....
Oh, look, it wasn't me at all. Good going on the reading comprehension, Chris, nice to see you making strides towards 1st grade level.
JDM510 wrote: must of been out of your ass where most all your info comes from...
Hey Chris:
JDM510 wrote:why dont you keep your coments to your self if you have nothing positive to say dont say anything at all...
JDM510

Post by JDM510 »

god damn your soo awesome i wana grow up to be just like you julian!!!!

you must of missed a few things
looks like its ready to run to me minus the airfilter
Last edited by JDM510 on 24 Feb 2010 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

JDM510 wrote:god damn your soo awesome i wana grow up to be just like you julian!!!!
Key words being "grow up." Try it some time.
JDM510

Post by JDM510 »

i know being almost 30 i should try it huh...... well im having to much fun acting imature and pissing stupid people like you off :twisted:
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

JDM510 wrote:well im having to much fun acting imature and pissing stupid people like you off :twisted:
Getting exposed as a complete moron every time you post is your version of fun? :lol:
brknrekord
Supporter

Post by brknrekord »

Good lord with the thread jacking. I am going to refrain from complaining about the childish writings, lets just stick to the thread topic eh?

Infact, lets start a JDM510 vs. Okayfine thread. Or a JDM510 vs. whoever thread and be done with this rediculousness. 8)
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

JDM510 wrote:you must of missed a few things
looks like its ready to run to me minus the airfilter
You're the king of editing your posts, Chris. Doesn't change the order of presentation, and the fact that you just uploaded a bunch of "up-to-date" pictures in response is hilarious, Mr. "Silviadrift" fanboi.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

brknrekord wrote: lets just stick to the thread topic eh?
Thread has already kind of petered out. That happens when Chris shows up. Neil can reply with the quotes he's gotten from the shops already mentioned. Not much more to discuss. Most people do their own swap work and beyond the shops mentioned I don't know of any others that'll fill the bill.

Do you?
JDM510

Post by JDM510 »

and plus i did not thread jack i was just giving my input... oh wait i dont get to put input huh??? only everyone else can.......
Last edited by JDM510 on 24 Feb 2010 18:15, edited 1 time in total.