How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
User avatar
okayfine
Supporter
Posts: 14146
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 23:02
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by okayfine » 24 Feb 2010 12:07

JDM510 wrote:no the pic was up yesteday you must of failed to see it....
Last edited by JDM510 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDM510 wrote:and plus i did not thread jack i was just giving my input
The thread topic is having an SR20DET installed by a shop. You are ranting about your DIY KA24E install. That's a threadjack.
JDM510 wrote:i jsut think its funny how since one guy is pretty smart at talking yet is very ignorant towards the 510 comunity
So I should emulate you? Lie? Cheat? Call people fags, huge dicks? Threaten to kick the fender on someone's car? These things are how you play nice with the 510 comunity[sic]?
JDM510 wrote: so anytime i see okayfine posting his condisending bullshit i feel the urge to call him out on it
Great, what's BS that I posted? Oh...right...
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

User avatar
okayfine
Supporter
Posts: 14146
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 23:02
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by okayfine » 24 Feb 2010 12:16

JDM510 wrote:no the pic was up yesteday you must of failed to see it....
Last edited by JDM510 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDM510 wrote:and plus i did not thread jack i was just giving my input
The thread topic is having an SR20DET installed by a shop. You are ranting about your DIY KA24E install. That's a threadjack.
JDM510 wrote:i jsut think its funny how since one guy is pretty smart at talking yet is very ignorant towards the 510 comunity
So I should emulate you? Lie? Cheat? Call people fags, huge dicks? Threaten to kick the fender on someone's car? These things are how you play nice with the 510 comunity[sic]?
JDM510 wrote: so anytime i see okayfine posting his condisending bullshit i feel the urge to call him out on it
Great, what's BS that I posted? Oh...right...
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

five&dime
Posts: 1205
Joined: 28 Apr 2008 09:45
Location: Richmond VA
Contact:

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by five&dime » 24 Feb 2010 12:17

JDM510 wrote:
eahtier way i know what i can and cant do i jsut think its funny how since one guy is pretty smart at talking yet is very ignorant towards the 510 comunity so anytime i see okayfine posting his condisending bullshit i feel the urge to call him out on it
Which makes you worse than him if you truly feel that way. He may be coarse and a bit condescending but.... He does know his $hit. To state otherwise is just ignorance in itself being that you haven't been on here that long. He has helped many seasoned members here. I am only a 2 year noob and I have learned plenty from Julian (even if we have bumped heads in the past :) )

I would also advise cooling down and thinking before posting. It is obvious you are doing so in the heat b/c of the atrocious mispellings
Image

JDM510
Posts: 101
Joined: 28 Jun 2009 21:21
Location: san diego

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by JDM510 » 24 Feb 2010 12:23

i never thread jacked for one i said 10k is way over priced... and if you where not to busy trying to be a dick you would see the fact that if i did a KA SWAP FOR LESS THE 1K he should be able to do a SR swap for under 5k seeing as mounting a KA and SR is the same!!! just a few extras on the SR that will cost a lil more IC piping and whatnot...
Last edited by JDM510 on 24 Feb 2010 18:19, edited 2 times in total.

five&dime
Posts: 1205
Joined: 28 Apr 2008 09:45
Location: Richmond VA
Contact:

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by five&dime » 24 Feb 2010 12:25

JDM510 wrote:

i do my real posting on ratsun... i come here to piss people off
Real mature. And way to waste everyones time.

Mounting a KA and an SR maybe the same in theory. But there is a lot more to a swap than mounting.
Image

JDM510
Posts: 101
Joined: 28 Jun 2009 21:21
Location: san diego

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by JDM510 » 24 Feb 2010 12:31

whats next wiring???? EASY!!!! lets do this lets make a list of what all more then a KA swap yhou need for a stock sr20det install


the only thing i can think of is mounting the turbo right and adding a IC and piping??? what al i missing that i forgot its been a while since i did the SR swap

User avatar
okayfine
Supporter
Posts: 14146
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 23:02
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by okayfine » 24 Feb 2010 12:32

JDM510 wrote:i dont like him never will just cuz how he treats people i know his kind the one that thinks hes better then everyone else at everything.
Hey Chris, you find where I said that. I'll wait. You can keep sticking words in my mouth, it doesn't make them true. Oh, yeah...truth, facts...those are the things that escape you. I use truth and facts to dispell your stink of BS that you bring to every thread. You get upset. Hilarity ensues. Kind of an old gimick, though, Chris. Can't you last one thread without a tantrum?
JDM510 wrote:i will sell my datsun befor i rely on him for info...
Talk about a threadjack...
JDM510 wrote:... and i never thread jacked for one i said 10k is way over priced...
For which your frame of reference is the fact you did your own KA24E swap "for less than $1000!!!!!!" Your experience has nothing to do with the OP's experience or this thread. That's about the definition of a threadjack.
JDM510 wrote:and if you where not to busy trying to me a dick you would see the fact that if i did a KA SWAP FOR LESS THE 1K he should be able to do a SR swap for under 5k seeing as mounting a KA and SR is the same!!! just a few extras on the SR that will cost a lil more IC piping and whatnot...
Guess what, Chris? The OP isn't going to do his own SR swap, that's why he posted this thread to ask about costs for getting an SR20DET installed by a shop. Clear?
JDM510 wrote:i do my real posting on ratsun...
Which has a 13+ page thread bagging on you.
JDM510 wrote: i come here to piss people off
So you are admitting your only reason for coming here is to piss people off. Congratulations.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

JDM510
Posts: 101
Joined: 28 Jun 2009 21:21
Location: san diego

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by JDM510 » 24 Feb 2010 12:36

well in your eyes if hes not going to work on his own car he should get rid of it right?????
Last edited by JDM510 on 24 Feb 2010 18:21, edited 3 times in total.

five&dime
Posts: 1205
Joined: 28 Apr 2008 09:45
Location: Richmond VA
Contact:

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by five&dime » 24 Feb 2010 12:37

You sir are an idiot. And since all you want to do is piss people off, I think it is only fitting that you are banned from the realm.
Image

JDM510
Posts: 101
Joined: 28 Jun 2009 21:21
Location: san diego

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by JDM510 » 24 Feb 2010 12:42

well befor i get banned lets see that list of items that adds up to 9k that is needed for the sr swap over the KA swap

User avatar
okayfine
Supporter
Posts: 14146
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 23:02
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by okayfine » 24 Feb 2010 12:44

JDM510 wrote:well in your eyes if hes not going to work on his own car he should get rid of it right?????
Wow, JDMThreadjack510. You're EMO, aren't you? :twisted:

But I'll humor you, since I'm the bigger man. IMO, if there exists an owner of a swapped 510 who has no interest or willingness to work on, maintain, and fix his swapped 510 (or learn how to work on, maintain, and fix said 510), that stance is not really compatible with swapped510 ownership. Unless said owner is made of money and wants to have his swapped510 serviced by shops as necessary, said owner would be better off (by which I mean have a 510 to drive and not just stare at) if he sold/traded/swapped down to stock. Or just sell it and buy a 2010 Sentra SE-R.

It's a pretty common-sense approach to 510 ownership. I know, not enough lies and BS for you, Chris, but try it out sometime. You might be surprised.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

JDM510
Posts: 101
Joined: 28 Jun 2009 21:21
Location: san diego

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by JDM510 » 24 Feb 2010 12:46

not not enough lies in that last post your going to have to come back when you have more BS :mrgreen:

User avatar
okayfine
Supporter
Posts: 14146
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 23:02
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by okayfine » 24 Feb 2010 12:50

Last edited by JDM510 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

You're a maniac. Even I can't keep up with your revisions of history.
JDM510 wrote:well befor i get banned lets see that list of items that adds up to 9k that is needed for the sr swap over the KA swap
Just because you work yourself up into some unreasonable corner doesn't mean anyone else said what you claim.

Also, you claim to have done a KA24E install for less than $1000. There's no proof. Can it be done? Sure. Did you do it? Who knows? Does the fact that you may or may not have installed a KA24E by yourself have any impact on the cost of a shop installing an SR20DET into a 510? No.

You want to have this discussion, fine. Start a new thread, and lay out the exact issue to discuss with all the stipulations. It's rediculous to discuss your hack-job KA24E install versus the cost of having a shop install an SR20DET, much less having that discussion without all the facts on the table.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

JDM510
Posts: 101
Joined: 28 Jun 2009 21:21
Location: san diego

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by JDM510 » 24 Feb 2010 12:57

back to neil paying for somthing im sure he can do his self... good luck with the swap and hope you find the best deal out their...
Last edited by JDM510 on 24 Feb 2010 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

five&dime
Posts: 1205
Joined: 28 Apr 2008 09:45
Location: Richmond VA
Contact:

Re: How much to get a SR20 det swapped in?

Post by five&dime » 24 Feb 2010 13:00

Hooray. Leave and never come back. Your swap better than most shops out there? Then why don't you have a shop and a show on Discovery or HD network?

These are all ballpark figures but are probably fairly close within a few $100. A reputable shop will most likely charge you about $500-1000 for IC & piping w. install, , $500-750 for wiring, $750-1000 in parts and labor to buy or fabricate trans mounts, engine mounts, Driveshaft. Maybe $300-600 for exhaust work. $200+ for radiator.

Another few hundred for instruments to work

Plus $2500-3500 for engine, trans and ECU/harness

Lots of other additional little stuff like fuel pump, fuel lines, air filter etc. This stuff ads up quick.

Most shops I know of charge anywhere from $50-100 an hour so the labor alone will probably be $2-4k IMO.
Image

Post Reply