ka24 donor clarification Super Hicas edition

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
goatee
Supporter

ka24 donor clarification Super Hicas edition

Post by goatee »

Would a 1991 Nissan 240sx Super Hicas edition work for the swap or for some weird reason would their be troubles with it because of the rear steer setup. I wondered if perhaps the computer etc might be an issue? I've been keeping my eye out for an entire car that is close to running that I could scoop up then possibly drive for a bit while I prepare the dime. I don't want to get half way into a swap then find out I can't finish it so I want to compile everything before taking anything apart.
Thanks.
Is my dime pretty rough? yep Could it use an owner with a little more mechanical expertise? yeah probably. Does it look like every other beige sedan in the parking lot? No sir it doesnt.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: ka24 donor clarification Super Hicas edition

Post by okayfine »

Wiki says Super Hicas had it's own computer. In those days Nissan kept it's engine management (ECCS) separate. I've not heard of this being an issue.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
goatee
Supporter

Re: ka24 donor clarification Super Hicas edition

Post by goatee »

Great thanks for the info!
Is my dime pretty rough? yep Could it use an owner with a little more mechanical expertise? yeah probably. Does it look like every other beige sedan in the parking lot? No sir it doesnt.