yummy engine!

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
510rob

yummy engine!

Post by 510rob »

http://beeoneoneoh.com/2009/10/17/fiest ... excellent/

The quote claims it as an LZ14, so shouldn't that be a Formula Pacific engine??? ...I dunno... ...it looks kool!
Attachments
datto 1c.jpg
datto 1c.jpg (77.7 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
datto 1b.jpg
datto 1b.jpg (86.32 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
datto 1a.jpg
datto 1a.jpg (61.82 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
jason
Supporter

Re: yummy engine!

Post by jason »

That looks like some kind of dual cam head Rob.
Jason
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

LZ is the factory Nissan four-valve/DOHC head for the L-series. Works only, never in a production car. Never heard of an LZ14, but I guess anything's possible. Essentially 2/3rds of the S20 engine.
LZ chambers.jpg
LZ chambers.jpg (152.73 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
LZ20B.jpg
LZ20B.jpg (88.52 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Ho ho, cross flow, twin cam L head ...
Jason
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

Yummy Indeed !!!!
gooned

Post by gooned »

HEY HEY Why doesn't MY LZ have that many valves?!?!?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

It could. Just a matter of money. They're not quite unobtainium like the OS Giken heads.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
dislexicdime

Post by dislexicdime »

I thought all the lz engines where 2.0
L series only have one header!

i need another garage mine is full of part's
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I thought so as well. Doesn't mean someone couldn't take the LZ head off and put it on an L14. Don't know why you'd do that, but it is certainly doable.
iceD

Post by iceD »

How much horsepower would a stock L16 make with a head like that? How would I go about finding one of those heads? Has anybody seen that head in N.A.?

ice D
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I know someone who knows someone that has one, but that someone I know couldn't buy it from the someone he knows.

They're not as unobtainium as an OS Giken DOHC head, but are near as hard to find anyway. AFAIK they came from Nissan works cars only.

I don't think a stock L16 would be suitable for something like that, any more than you'd bolt on an FIA head to an L16, stock or otherwise. I know the link at top says it's an LZ14, but who knows if that is true. In any case it would cost cubic dollars and parts (the whole timing setup is completely different and bespoke) are priced in limbs.
LZ gear drive for cams.jpg
LZ gear drive for cams.jpg (207.62 KiB) Viewed 4139 times