Is this rod bearing pistong ring set just all bad?

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Is this rod bearing pistong ring set just all bad?

Post by okayfine »

Paisss510 wrote:just all bad?
What does that mean?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Paisss510

Post by Paisss510 »

Is it garbage, im trying to stay on a budget (which yea never works anyway) and was just wondering if there would be a difference in the rings and bearings I got
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Paisss510 wrote:and was just wondering if there would be a difference in the rings and bearings I got
Of course there is a difference in ring/bearing quality.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Sleepys-14

Post by Sleepys-14 »

If you are doing a stock rebuild, just use nissan parts. If you are building a more performance engine, use performance parts.
Beer... The cause of, and solution to, all of lives problems- Homer Simpson
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Nissan rings are about $110
Rod bearings about $25
Main bearing set about $50

So look to spend about $200... not half that. This is for the FWD SR not the DET lord knows what goes in them. If this was for fan belts I'd say buy whatever you want. If it's crap and breaks, you just throw another one on. Internal engine parts? not as easy to get at and they have a tendency to take out other parts with them.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Paisss510

Post by Paisss510 »

Thanks guys for the response, im going to just get the head gasket kit for now and put it all together tomorrow and rebuild a spare so i can take my time with the money, thanks again!