ka24 mounts for clearance???

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
braveops

ka24 mounts for clearance???

Post by braveops »

hey anybody running a ka could you give me a few measurements??? i need to see how high and far ahead or back you are???

i have about 95mm on pass side and 65mm on driverside from block to crossmember.need to see how high or low you guys have your engines ?? thanx for any info you can give me
69 510 20 years later and is back and working on it. ka24de and eaton m62 waiting for install
71 510 2 door project rusting(parts)
72 510 2 dr full cage,2L,m651cam,dellorto45,5sp gone

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/braveops/
kayakdude07

Re: ka24 mounts for clearance???

Post by kayakdude07 »

I believe many, myself included, use the KA upper engine mounts and the 510 rubber isolaters. You could mock that up and see what sort of clearance that gives you? The 510 mounts bolt into the lower holes on the crossmember.

I'd measure for ya but I'm away at school.

(not my car)
Jordan || '72 2 door KA project || '72 2 door goon project- Flintstones powered (dad's)
braveops

Post by braveops »

thankz i but dont have the ka mounts anymore.trying to see how high and far ahead or back you all have them
69 510 20 years later and is back and working on it. ka24de and eaton m62 waiting for install
71 510 2 door project rusting(parts)
72 510 2 dr full cage,2L,m651cam,dellorto45,5sp gone

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/braveops/
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

I also used the factory ka brackets on the last 3 KAs...
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

braveops wrote:thankz i but dont have the ka mounts anymore.trying to see how high and far ahead or back you all have them
This has more to do with your particular mounting than a right or wrong way. The KA has a tilt, you need to be concerned about keeping the output shaft of the transmission high enough to avoid vibration from the driveshaft, and you need to make room for (or ignore) heater hoses, depending on your personal desires. There generally isn't an issue with hood clearance since the KA is not as tall as the L, even with the added block deck height.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson