SR20DET Coolant Plumbing Questions

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
2DoorJim
Supporter

SR20DET Coolant Plumbing Questions

Post by 2DoorJim »

edit: got my questions answered!

Guys, I'd like to learn what's going on with this coolant plumbing under the intake manifold on my engine, perhaps someone can enlighten me. The engine came from a 510 race car but I'm transplanting it into a 510 street car.

Hose connections #1 and 2 are obviously supposed to connect to the heater core, but I'd like to know which is the feed, and which is the return. (I suppose the feed might best be hooked to the heater valve)

Not sure where #3 and 4 connected on the factory installation, but would it be safe to presume I can cap them off?

#5 appears to be the bypass to flow coolant to the thermostat bulb.
#6 blue hose is routed to my turbo, the other hose to the turbo comes from the exhaust side of the block just forward of the eng mount. Which of the these would be the feed and return?

BTW, several (literally several) of the connections on this motor rearward of the T-stat housing were dripping coolant! I'm going to remove the hoses, clean off the fittings and use new clamps, new hose where needed.

Thanks for any insight you can provide me!

IMG_6568.jpg
IMG_6568.jpg (182.83 KiB) Viewed 2884 times
IMG_6565.jpg
IMG_6565.jpg (186.14 KiB) Viewed 2884 times
edit: the new improved plumbing... 5/8" hose nipples to match the heater core. Ditched the rigid lines.
IMG_6572.jpg
IMG_6572.jpg (154.23 KiB) Viewed 2838 times