Vg33 wiring

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
lovememydatsun

Vg33 wiring

Post by lovememydatsun »

Hey guys, so currently I’m am in the process of swapping a vg33 on my 510, and I was wondering would i be able to use an automatic Nissan Quest ecu and harness to start my car up even if I have a 5 speed installed? Any info would help. Thanks.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Vg33 wiring

Post by okayfine »

Apropo of nothing specific to your question, but I ran a '95 KA24DE on an auto ECU and harness even though I had a manual trans. Wiring also wanted the crank position sensor mounted in the bellhousing, which I did not have hooked up either. No problems, ran great.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I can't say for sure but I don't think it will work. Of coarse I can't remember for sure but I was at a buddies legit shop, he was working on a customers van (can't remember which one, but not a nissan) with a VG and it won't run with the crank sensor unplugged. So unless you plan on added sensor it might need I would find the Nissan stuff you need.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Heinrich

Post by Heinrich »

i have used Automatic Nissan J30 Maxima ECU's twice on manual VG33 setups without any auto stuff connected.
worked without any hassle.

Reason i used them is because there was no security systems (NATS) on Maxima ecu and the ECU fit the Pickup Loom we have here.

not sure if Quest and maxima works exactly the same tho.
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.