SR20DE swap

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
Post Reply
User avatar
Fred_L-P
Posts: 50
Joined: 03 Apr 2017 06:10
Location: Montreal, Can

SR20DE swap

Post by Fred_L-P » 21 Nov 2017 20:30

I've been looking around for a well documented SR20DE swap... but there is so much SR20DET pollution out there I can't find anything remotely interesting.

Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Thanks

User avatar
spriso
Posts: 216
Joined: 28 Feb 2007 07:39
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by spriso » 21 Nov 2017 21:49

If I can ever find the time, I'll do a write up on Brian's S15 SR20DE swap that we did into his 510-- it turned out fantastic!

Image

Until then, here are some photos you can see:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15007794@ ... 0485317798

Michael
Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports
www.spriso.com

User avatar
Fred_L-P
Posts: 50
Joined: 03 Apr 2017 06:10
Location: Montreal, Can

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by Fred_L-P » 22 Nov 2017 05:25

Thanks Michael! Pictures are great, it does help a lot.

That's exactly the kind of swap I'd love to read about. Waiting for your write up :wink:

User avatar
icehouse
Posts: 3199
Joined: 17 Jul 2005 17:06
Location: Everett Wa

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by icehouse » 22 Nov 2017 09:07

I love my NA SR swap! The motor was originally purchased from Up Garage back when they still imported motors. I'm amazed at the abuse it can handle. As far as install its the same as the KA.

Image
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

User avatar
icehouse
Posts: 3199
Joined: 17 Jul 2005 17:06
Location: Everett Wa

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by icehouse » 22 Nov 2017 09:09

spriso wrote:If I can ever find the time, I'll do a write up on Brian's S15 SR20DE swap that we did into his 510-- it turned out fantastic!
Michael
Aren't the S14 and S15 NA SR's the same? Unless you find one of those rare Autech SR's?
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

User avatar
spriso
Posts: 216
Joined: 28 Feb 2007 07:39
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by spriso » 22 Nov 2017 09:17

Yes, the S14/S15 Engines are 99% the same, really the only difference is the bolts on valve cover-- the S14 uses studs and nuts, and the S15 uses thru bolts.

The rest of the difference is in the tuning in the ECU which gives 5 more PS ~4-5hp, hence the 165 PS rating on the S15 engines.

Michael
Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports
www.spriso.com

User avatar
Fred_L-P
Posts: 50
Joined: 03 Apr 2017 06:10
Location: Montreal, Can

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by Fred_L-P » 22 Nov 2017 10:23

So if it's the same as the KA, the stock headers should clear the steering box? I've heard people saying they needed a custom headers.

User avatar
icehouse
Posts: 3199
Joined: 17 Jul 2005 17:06
Location: Everett Wa

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by icehouse » 22 Nov 2017 14:26

Fred_L-P wrote:So if it's the same as the KA, the stock headers should clear the steering box? I've heard people saying they needed a custom headers.
Yep just gotta relocate the O2.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

User avatar
icehouse
Posts: 3199
Joined: 17 Jul 2005 17:06
Location: Everett Wa

Re: SR20DE swap

Post by icehouse » 22 Nov 2017 14:27

spriso wrote:Yes, the S14/S15 Engines are 99% the same, really the only difference is the bolts on valve cover-- the S14 uses studs and nuts, and the S15 uses thru bolts.

The rest of the difference is in the tuning in the ECU which gives 5 more PS ~4-5hp, hence the 165 PS rating on the S15 engines.

Michael

Good to know! Wish they would have done a VE RWD!!!!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

Post Reply