Corbeau Forza seats fitment

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
Fred_L-P

Corbeau Forza seats fitment

Post by Fred_L-P » 30 Aug 2019 20:49

Is anyone running the Corbeau Forza seats with Corbeau rails?

I'm looking at entry level fixed back seats and they look like the most decent option. I'm afraid the 22.5" width at the shoulders is a bit too much and will rub on the door or B pillar.

funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: Corbeau Forza seats fitment

Post by funwithmonkeys » 30 Aug 2019 21:08

I am running OMP ARS seats that are 23+ inches wide and they come within about 1cm of the B pillar but do not touch. It is a bit difficult to roll down the back window but I manage it.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?

duke
Supporter

Post by duke » 30 Aug 2019 21:51

I am running a Corbeau FX1 that is the same width as the Forza. With the seat centered on the steering wheel the shoulder bolster just barely touches the B pillar, not so much so that it is an issue at all though.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."

Fred_L-P

Post by Fred_L-P » 31 Aug 2019 08:12

Thanks guys! I guess I can make it work.
duke wrote:
30 Aug 2019 21:51
I am running a Corbeau FX1 that is the same width as the Forza. With the seat centered on the steering wheel the shoulder bolster just barely touches the B pillar, not so much so that it is an issue at all though.
Got a picture of how you mounted it and where it touches?

duke
Supporter

Post by duke » 31 Aug 2019 20:58

I can get some for you. I cut out the factory mounts and made my own to get the seat as low as possible. Also, I used the side mounts so you method will have to be a bit different as the Forza is bottom mount only I think.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."

Fred_L-P

Post by Fred_L-P » 01 Sep 2019 07:23

Alright, thanks. Yeah the Forza is bottom mount only and I want to keep my seat on sliders so others can drive my car. I'm very short and I don't need my seat to be low for helmet clearance, so side mount isn't necessary for me.

Fred_L-P

Post by Fred_L-P » 04 Nov 2019 09:27

I ordered a pair of Corbeau Forza with the rails, I was confident it would fit with your feedback.

For future reference,it does fit in the stock location without any kind of modification, but it is very close to the door.

I decided to move them inward about 1/2". It's almost centered on the steering wheel and will prevent any kind of rubbing.

I'm very happy with the result!