Seat Supplier

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
Byron510

Seat Supplier

Post by Byron510 » 21 May 2020 14:19

Full Disclosure - I have no idea what this seller actually has, what he's like to deal with and this is in no means an endorsement of any kind - we were just shamelessly spammed and as a mod I generally delete this kind of thing.
But I thought a few of you may actually take a look since the seller went far enough out of his way to at least do some market research.
I did not allow this seller to join the Realm, we have rules that help keep the site clean. But I will pass along the body of his request for you all to judge on your own...
Please don't contact me in any way about this product, I am in no way affiliated - thanks :-)

Hi all,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce www.RetroSeats.com to you all. We are a maker of Retro Classic Vintage Seats inspired by the JDM community. Over the years we have been working hard to develop high quality Retro Classic Seats for an affordable price. I will be posting a listing to one of our newest designs in the classifieds section later today the KPGC10 model. Most of you are familiar with this design as it was originally used in the Skyline GTR's and Datsun Fairlady Z race cars in the late 60's and early 70's and would look at home in a Datsun 510.

Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Seat Supplier

Post by datzenmike » 21 May 2020 18:51

Yeah I let that one pass by also. If paying that much I would want something that increases safety and comfort. Don't seats have to pass some sort of ULC testing? to prove they won't tear out of the floor or fold in half in an accident? They don't look adjustable.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs

bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Seat Supplier

Post by bertvorgon » 22 May 2020 09:43

"FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY"........nudge, nudge, wink, wink......

key to a lot of these after market ( kind of racing style ) seat is the mounting, so at least the seat stays where it should.

We welded runners onto the bottom of mine, NOT relying on the small bolt holes in the seat, which then got bolted onto the factory adjustment rails. I'm lucky I am short, so getting the height was quite easy, with a fine tune on the padding for thighs and lumbar support.

None of these type of seats will ever be crash worthy per se, that is why it is so important to make sure the mounting and seat belt routing is so important.

If you notice, NON of the seats have a seat belt slot, which then says it has to go OVER the edge of the seat. So, if you do not sit "out" of the seat some, you might not be able to get really tight in the seat with seat belts. You CANNOT have a belt over your stomach, it MUST come over you hip bones so they take any load in an accident, not your stomach area and organs.

Choose wisely your seat material too. No sense having material that is slippery if you have a killer suspension and tires. And that loops to the seat belts being able to keep you from moving around.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer