Windscreen rubbers/Weatherstrips?

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
Martin SSS

Windscreen rubbers/Weatherstrips?

Post by Martin SSS »

Mods, please move to FS Section. :oops:

I need front and rear windscreen rubbers, or as you guys might call it, weather-strips. After 36 years of being out in the harsh African sun, the original rubber broke when I installed it after the rebuild. The glass was also badly scratched, so had a new one made. Shatterproof this time, not the old Armour-plated. Any case, I also got new weather-strips for the new window. It is in, but looks crappy and does not fit well. I could also not get the original chrome beadings in. The new ones is made for a beading that slots inside the rubber. Ours in South Africa is meant to slide into the rubber. Difficult to explain, but I will post some pictures of the difference when I'm back home again.

The thing is, where can I get new weather-strips from that looks good and fits properly? Not just in North America, but anywhere in the world.
Pedro

Re: Windscreen rubbers/Weatherstrips?

Post by Pedro »

Martin there is usually plenty of places on ebay selling them, most from thailand, some from Australia (Chime in with the US sites plz);

Here is a start;

one

two

Plenty of actualy companies in Australia make them, but ebay /paypal may be easier for payment etc I was thinking. If you get stuck I can help forwarding the item for shipping etc.
Martin SSS

Re: Windscreen rubbers/Weatherstrips?

Post by Martin SSS »

Thanks. I have contacted them to get more detailed pictures. I got a set from Asia, but they are the wrong ones