Where can I find a BB Coupe Wiring Diagram?

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
qwik510
Supporter

Where can I find a BB Coupe Wiring Diagram?

Post by qwik510 »

My friend Vince got a set of BB coupe Tail lights and a sequential box for them too. He did not get the wiring harness that goes between them so we will need to build a harness. The sequential box is the later one with the relays built in.

Does anyone know where we can locate a Factory Wiring diagram for the tail lights so we can make the sequential turn signals work?

Thanks in advance,
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Where can I find a BB Coupe Wiring Diagram?

Post by okayfine »

qwik510 wrote:Does anyone know where we can locate a Factory Wiring diagram for the tail lights so we can make the sequential turn signals work?
PM Spriso.

That said, the sequential boxes I've seen are mechanically actuated, it wouldn't be hard to pop the covers off, have a look inside, and do some quick pin-outs.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

okayfine wrote:
qwik510 wrote:Does anyone know where we can locate a Factory Wiring diagram for the tail lights so we can make the sequential turn signals work?
PM Spriso.

That said, the sequential boxes I've seen are mechanically actuated, it wouldn't be hard to pop the covers off, have a look inside, and do some quick pin-outs.

Thanks. I will get in touch with him.

Here is the pictures of the box. The plugs coming out of the box have less connections then the plugs at the tail lights. A wiring diagram will be very helpful.

Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Does he have a pair of the sequencer boxes?

If you take the covers off, they are very interesting inside.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

okayfine wrote:Does he have a pair of the sequencer boxes?

If you take the covers off, they are very interesting inside.
We were told that this is the later style box that is all in one. The early ones have 2 boxes. All he has is what is shown.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

My car has the two box set-up, you are right, the later cars got the single box set-up, It should be fairly easy to install, mine has connections under the rear speaker tray, now this was an option back in the day, so all the SSS coupes had the connections for the box under the speaker tray, it was a simple plug and play, too bad I am not at home now, I could look at those connections and tell you where they go....maybe. I would imagine that the colors of the wires are the same but not sure....those SSS rear lights have a left and right parking light, reverse lights, left and right blinkers, all three lights should flash sequentially and then two on each side were brake lights I think.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Sequentials were an option for Coupes in '69 and '70, but were standard in '71. At least, that's what the brochures say. Interesting that they went to one relay box, I didn't know that.
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

go to OZDAT website
search , it might be there as they have some diagrams