Fuel/brake line mounting

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
spoolinitup33

Fuel/brake line mounting

Post by spoolinitup33 »

I wasn't really sure where to put this. But what do you guys use to hold your fuel line/brake line mounting brackets to your car? I have a couple of 5/16" self tapping screws in mine that I just put to hold it up, but I'd like to take them out and use something that doesn't stick up out of the floor of the car. Any suggestions? Pop rivets?
S15DET
Supporter

Re: Fuel/brake line mounting

Post by S15DET »

I used a M4 button head socket head cap screw with the head on the inside of the floor, and a square nut on the bottom. I used very short ones, maybe 10mm, so it doesn't stick down lower than the line itself. The bump of the screw head can't be felt through the carpet. Here's a picture taken from the ground looking up, two 3/8" fuel lines and the conduit for the battery cable.
Attachments
P8290064.JPG
Last edited by S15DET on 07 Jul 2009 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Alright, thanks. I'll look in to getting something like that. I just didn't want something sticking up through the floor since I'm going to be putting in the fatmat.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

If you're are putting the mat over the head over the bolt, etc, you may want to tack weld the head to the floor panel. Someday you may need to undo the bracket...
Then silicone around it to keep out any water.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

rnorrish wrote:If you're are putting the mat over the head over the bolt, etc, you may want to tack weld the head to the floor panel. Someday you may need to undo the bracket...
Then silicone around it to keep out any water.
Alright, I'll do that too, didn't think about that, thanks.