stock wiring connector pins available

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
Rheis

stock wiring connector pins available

Post by Rheis » 05 Feb 2010 16:35

Hey just thought I'd put this out there for everyone

Anyways yesterday I was sorting through my harness and found someone had broke a pin off the plug that goes into the fuesbox
DSC00182.JPG
they jammed the wire (which fell out) into the hole to make it work and this is for the brake lights and horn :!: :shock:

anyways after a trip to Nissan and Napa with no luck I poped on the internet and found DigiKey had what I need ... you have to order 100 but for the $10 or so I think its worth it so I'm going to go ahead and order soon

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... 27922ct-nd

there are are also some other types in different finishes sizes etc found in the catalog (link below) but part number a27922ct-nd was the identicle one

http://pdfcatalog.digikey.com/US2010/secta.pdf page 367

vintageracer
Supporter

Re: stock wiring connector pins available

Post by vintageracer » 05 Feb 2010 16:58

With a correct "tool" you can remove these pins and replace them w/o any problems. My harness was toasted by the sun after having the hood off for 10 years. When you touched the plastic plugs, they disintegrated. They literally turned to powder. I bought another harness and changed all of the plug-ins. A friend of mine changed all of the plug-ins under the hood and it took him 16 hours. His fingers were sore from massaging these wires and pins for two days. Good friends are hard to come by! Here is what is special... Everything worked! WhooHa!

merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin » 05 Feb 2010 17:14

http://www.vintageconnections.com/ these guys specialize in japanese and sell the tools.. they sell 510 kits on ebay every once in a while.
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"

vintageracer
Supporter

Post by vintageracer » 05 Feb 2010 17:30

Great post. I wish I had this webpage when I did my Z and 510. I may order some of these parts to "clean-up both cars. Thanks for the info!!

defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes » 05 Feb 2010 19:14

I have also converted, just using the existing plugs, the 6 (?) wire wagon turn signal indicators, to a 4 (?) wire sedan. A little fussy disengaging the wires from the connectors, but once you figure out a system, it went real easy.

goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 » 08 Feb 2010 05:02

I bought the kit from vintageconnections.com, it came with the tool too, a nice crimper....looks great, I haven't used any yet, just got them for a possible next project. little expensive, but what's cheap now-a-days???

vintageracer
Supporter

Post by vintageracer » 08 Feb 2010 08:49

Goichi: Which kit did you get? I would like one of these kits to have for future work. I like the "tool" for the connectors. We modified a smalll screwdriver to take the pins apart. Sometimes it worked... Sometimes not! Did you get the electrical tool? I like the rachett it offeres to give you lots of leverage. Let me know which kit you got, OK?

510rob

Post by 510rob » 08 Feb 2010 14:38

The ratchet is not used on crimping tools to provide 'leverage' - mechanical advantage of the tool's design provide leverage. The ratcheting mechanisms are there to ensure that the tool has been moved through its full stroke before it releases the crimped connector. (related to process assurance & quality control)

goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 » 09 Feb 2010 17:24

ok, when i get home I will look to see what kit I got, I think the number is on the case. I also saw a special tool set that you use to take apart those plugs, actually any plug last time I was at the Chinese tool shop, it was not expensive, I will check next time I go there......it's just lilke harbor Frieght.....

Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar » 10 Feb 2010 11:54

I bought a kit from vintage connections too. I don't see it on his site but it was a kit for a 510 he had on Ebay.
I also bought the blue crimper and all the extra dies for it as well as a couple of extra 6 pin connectors. Everything was very nice even the plastic box holding everything.

I used one fo the connectors when I was wiring up my ignition switch and it worked great. The crimper did a great job and I am using the extra dies to crimp the insulated heat shrink connectors that I am using on other connections.

I am going to replace some of the connectors on the car with Molex MX150l connectors instead of the old school style though to be sure they are better protected from the elements. I chose those connectors instead of the weatherpack ones that a lot of people use since they do not require so many seperate pieces. We'll see how they work soon.

vintageracer
Supporter

Post by vintageracer » 10 Feb 2010 16:10

Yellowcar: How often do they offer these kits on eBay? Maybe I can email them and see if they have any available. Can you send me the kit number or name? Pic of the kit? Thank you!

Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar » 11 Feb 2010 09:52

The Kit was called the "Wiring Repair Kit for Datsun 510, 240Z, 260Z. 1600, B20"
I have no idea how often they sell them on eBay but I imagine it would be easy for them to make one up for you.
I don't think the kit is an exact set of every connector you need for a 510 but it does include lots of the connectors you need.
vintage connections 2.jpg
vintage connections.jpg

goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 » 11 Feb 2010 13:27

yeap, that's the same one I have, got it off ebay too, think it was around 70 bucks??? it's been a while, it came with the same crimper too. the model number on the front of the box is "Professional Connector Kit CK-6. Comes in a nice Plano brand plastic storage case.....lilke I said, I have not used any yet, but they look fine and should work as good.

vintageracer
Supporter

Post by vintageracer » 11 Feb 2010 18:55

That is the info I needed. Thanks guys. I will check with them on availability.