What is the Paint Code for this color?

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
MicroMachinery

What is the Paint Code for this color?

Post by MicroMachinery »

I've been trying to find out what is the Paint Code for my 71' 510. It's the same color as this one:
The tag, like most, was faded when I got the car. In searching, I read that sometimes, the code is stamped into the core support underneath the tag, so I removed it. No stamp.

I originally thought the code was "919" aka Yellow or something like that, but now I'm leaning more towards "910" aka Houston Yellow. I'm sure someone here knows. Thanks!
Byron510

Re: What is the Paint Code for this color?

Post by Byron510 »

I never thought I would forget this colour, but memory is fading - I think my 68 was 964 yellow. Rich, do you recall - is your wagon this colour?

BTW, the code isn't under the paint code decal, but under the larger emmisions code decal -I believe it's normally stampped on the RH side of the hood latch mechanism when viewed from the front.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

i think your right, Byron. My decal is now affixed elsewhere, but can check again later.

The real question is, did it ever change from the original '68 colour, shared with the Roadster, later down the production run at all?
Was it offered at all in the 70's? Is this a possibly a respray?
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
MicroMachinery

Post by MicroMachinery »

There are a couple similar ones native to OZ.. "Shantung yellow".
Not sure how to cross reference this to the codes we got here..
There's a similar color they're calling "Persimmon yellow"

I know there's gotta be a Paint Code for the ones brought here, though.. I'm trying to get confirmation on that "964", but according to RatDat.com's chart(which doesn't give a sample), it came on the E10, but doesn't show the 510 as a recipient.

I googled "Persimmon Yellow", and this roadster also came up, and judging from the Oregon plate, it's a local one.
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Here's a link to a factory color code chart for Datsun 67-up. http://www.datfusion.com/forums/index.p ... post&id=14 If you look at the bottom there is a yellow code #910 that looks like it might be it.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Thats my original color and mine is a 70.
looking for pass. side arm rest
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I think they stopped stamping the paint code before the 72 model, my wagon don't have it stamped in the support. I removed all decals and sand blaster it, its not there.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Does your Coupe have it? My '69 has it under the sticker. That's unfortunate that Nissan stopped a very helpful practice.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

My '69 had the stamp in large-ish numbers, to the right (facing the car) of the latch.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I'm pretty sure every 510 got the code stamped in the car, if yours isn't there, then it's likely it was either filled (really easy to do in a paint job) or more likely that the rad support was replaced because of some minor damage in the past. It's a really easy panel to exchange, and it was easily bent in a minor collision.

I have seen every year of 510 stamped with the colour code, and only seen a few cars without stamps at all - leading me to my theory above.

Just a couple of thoughts and observations.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
MicroMachinery

Post by MicroMachinery »

So I peeled off the emission label today, lo and behold, the number "910" is stamped there. Also, smelled like tacky wet paint underneath.. like a little time capsule.

Stoked. Thanks for your help, everyone!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Yes, it's stamped in my coupe, but not on tannenbrown, it doesn't look like the panel has been replaced and I would be willing to bet it hasn't. I will check my other wagon tomorrow but as I was looking around I don't remember seeing it stamped either. As I can't say 100 percent that it's original either, i have to think that it has never been replaced as I have all the history on the car. more to come.

EDIT: just ran out there and braved the cold to look at Mary Ann's upper core support, no there is no stamp in the metal panel like I have on the coupe. So that's both my 72 wagon's without the stamped in numbers. I am pretty sure both are original and have not been replaced.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Ya,I agree with Rich,I have had my 72 since new and there is no stamp there on mine.
proflex
Supporter

Post by proflex »

My 72 2door is not stamped as well and has its original core support. Does this top stamping show through onto the underside of the core support on cars that have it :?:
In just two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.