NRG Hub is to small?

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
Scottkm

NRG Hub is to small?

Post by Scottkm »

So I recently bought and received my NRG set up for
My 70 510, well the ( SRK-140H ) for nissan/datsun short hub didn't fit the column shaft and I tried to do a ton of research on the web but couldn't find any thing but one build thread that said a Dodge short hub ( SRK-170H ) would fit perfect, is this true? or has any 1 ran into this problem? I would like to keep the short hub NRG so if there's another NRG part number that works good for the column can I get your input plz thank you
okayfine
Supporter

Re: NRG Hub is to small?

Post by okayfine »

What is your SRK-140H supposed to fit? The Z-car hub will fit the 510 splines. Only difference is that the turn-signal cancel pins are rotated 90°.

Nissan seems to have used two main spline size/counts from the '60s to early '80s. Steering wheels got pretty ugly after that, so I don't think m/any have tried to see how far it goes.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Scottkm

Post by Scottkm »

Ok cool thanks maybe I'll try the Z hub
But the SRK 140H is for 240sx, 200sx, 260/280Z,300zx, all Datsun, Altima, Maxima, pulsar

And there's the SRK-141H that fits the 06+ Sentra, 350/370Z, and G35/37 should I try the SRK 141H?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

The 140H should fit, if that's the application list. I have a Z wheel/hub on my car currently and have had various other late-'70s Nissan wheels and a Z Momo hub previously.

What's not fitting, specifically?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Scottkm

Post by Scottkm »

The short hub adapter is to way to small for the steering wheel column shaft
Scottkm

Post by Scottkm »

I only found this if you scroll down a bit and it says his didn't fit so he ordered a dodge 1 And said it fitted perfect it true?

http://510twinz.blogspot.com/2011/06/so ... mment-form
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Plenty of experience here with NGR on 510s:
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24865

You may have gotten the wrong part in the right box. No idea if a Dodge part will fit. Interesting if true.
Scottkm

Post by Scottkm »

Thank you for the help man I'll check it out b4 I order it but I called NRG and I took spline count and measurements and he said dodge short hub would actually fit good
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

I JUST got off the phone with NRG and they said they are working on a 510 specific hub adapter and quick release, they are just waiting to test fit some prototypes and expect to have them out for sale in 3-4 months : /
James

Post by James »

Still - the z hub should fit I would think.....
Finished is better than perfect......
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Yeah, and if NRG makes a Z hub, all they'd need to do is rotate the turn-signal cancel pins to "make" a 510 part...
draga240z

Post by draga240z »

NRG is lacking I just called and they said that they are working on 510 specific hub from the looks of this forum it's been damn near a year and still nothing... Have you guys figured out what part # will fit the 510?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

When I bought my OMP wheel 10 years ago, I used a 240SX hub. The first time it went on it was real tight, and the first time it came off it was a struggle. Then it seemed ok after that. Haven’t had it off in 8 years now, but I doubt it got tighter.

My thoughts on the subject.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
draga240z

Post by draga240z »

Ok the srk-170 for a dodge and some gm's does fit the 510