EZ Wiring Kit Questions...

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
oaklandsyd

EZ Wiring Kit Questions...

Post by oaklandsyd »

Anyone done the EZ kit?

I've got a few questions, and hopefully, with some answers I'll be able to document this sucker and make a better diagram. I am just going through the layout now, nothing is hooked up yet.

Issues:
#1 - EZ Ign Power(Red) Runs to the fuse Box, and an EZ Solenoid Wire(Red) runs out of the box to the solenoid. This differs from 510 wiring, which runs from the White/Red and splices into the White wire to the Solenoid/FuseBox/Alt Power. That leaves the EZ Alt Power(Red) wire in a weird limbo (unless it just hooks up to the Alt, and a jumper runs between the Alt and the Starter).

Basically, what do you do with the Ign Power and the Alt Power wires in the EZ setup?

#2 - It has been suggested that the EZ Ignition (Brown) wire is ignored as is the 510 Black Blue Ignition wire. It looks true, but should I leave the Brown wire in the harness and let it run to the fuse block? (It powers/gangs with the Turn Flashers, Choke Power, and Gauge Power in the fuse block, so I'm guessing the Brown wire runs power to those items through the Ignition Switch?)

#3 - EZ Alt Exciter(Red) wire... how does this work into the system? I'm guessing it replaces the 510 Alt Light (White/Red). But the EZ wire runs from the Fuse Block, whereas the 510 W/R wire runs to the Charge Light. Do I ignore the Exciter wire and run the existing set up for the Charge Light?

#4 - I don't have a Choke. Should I delete the EZ Choke wire, or keep it around to power something else? (like extra gauges or something?)
oaklandsyd

Re: EZ Wiring Kit Questions...

Post by oaklandsyd »

I think I got it. Everything is working so far.

- The EZ Wiring Brown Ignition wire can run off the Pink (coil) or Orange (Acc) Ign Switch Wires to power the fuse bank it hooks to (I went with the Orange).

- The Pink Coil that replaces the Black/White spot on the ign switch needs a splice running to the Blue/Black position of the 510 ignition switch for for during cranking.

Still not sureon the Excitor wire, but I hooked it up to the charge light position, and it seems to be working in place of the Charge Light wire of an IR Alternator. (12V on my voltage meter with the battery on, when started the volt meter jumps to 14V, making me think the alternator is 'excited'!)

If/when I get time I'll try to make up a diagram. I've got a wagon and I also did some major clean up, so it won't be an easy write up.