Corbeau GTSII VS. Sparco R100

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
HAM8URGER

Corbeau GTSII VS. Sparco R100

Post by HAM8URGER »

I'm looking at purchasing one of these two budget sets for my 510. What are your thoughts? Which is the better seat? Both will be the cloth option. Anyone have experience between either of them? Any help will be appreciated.
qwik510
Supporter

Re: Corbeau GTSII VS. Sparco R100

Post by qwik510 »

HAM8URGER wrote:I'm looking at purchasing one of these two budget sets for my 510. What are your thoughts? Which is the better seat? Both will be the cloth option. Anyone have experience between either of them? Any help will be appreciated.
I have a set of the Corbeau seats like those. Super comfy and good support. Fits into the 510 nicely and IMO, looks better in a 510 then the more boy racer looks of the Sparco seats.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

IMHO the Sparco style seat just doesn't look right in a 510, I'd go with the Corbeau. Be sure to check out the width on any seat, cause there isn't a lot of room between the seat and the "B" pillar.
Last edited by 510wizard on 11 Nov 2013 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

Quick, did they come with the rails and what did you have to do to make them fit? Have pics by chance?
HudsonMC

Post by HudsonMC »

Are these for street or motorsports use?
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

Street and probably 3-4 autox's per year
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Corbeau should have a set of rails/mounts for a 510. They used to, anyway.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

okayfine wrote:Corbeau should have a set of rails/mounts for a 510. They used to, anyway.
Yep, mine were the Corbeau seat mounts. Fit nice.

Sebastian (DQ Staff) did a writeup on the Corbeau seats in his yellow 510. Not sure which Back Issue, Julian?
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

I agree whole heartedly.........IMHO those high back "boy racer" seats simply do not suit a classic car, but it is a very personal choice. The seat mounting brackets do not come with any of the seats, including Corbeau (Hamb, I was a Corbeau distributor back in Holland, when I was selling Sport Comp accessories 1999-2006), they are always an additional charge. FYI if you buy Corbeau seats, they will also sell you their brackets. If you do not buy Corbeau seats, they will not sell you just the brackets (at least that's the way it has always been, unless they changed their policy).
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

Thanks guys. I def prefer the classic styling of the GTS II's. Just hope the bolsters hold well during hard cornering. The Corbeau 510 specific rail/brackets are $95 apiece. Not sure about Corbeau selling them separately but I found some dealers online that do.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

That Sparco doesn't appear to be much different with regards to bolstering. Yeah, it has the shoulder wings, but they don't work as well as they look. Most of your body mass is down lower, and so that's where the bolstering needs to be.

I've had all sorts of seats in my 510s, from Momo NASCARs to Recaro Sports to '02 OEM Subaru WRX chairs. From a "holding you in while cornering" standpoint, the Momo won without a doubt, but I much preferred the WRX seats (standard style seat, no shoulder wings) to the Recaro Sport (Mitsu EVO seats). Currently have a pair of E30 BMW Recaro seats. In vinyl they aren't as secure as the WRX seats, but they're comfy, cheap, and they look like they belong. If you could find a set in cloth, that might be another suggestion. Mounting is dead easy, as long as you're not tall.
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

Anyone have a pic of thr gts2's in a 510?