using doner car for wire harness question.

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
shivic

using doner car for wire harness question.

Post by shivic »

i have a 510 with 0 wires. i was going to buy a 92 nissan 240sx and retro fit the entire car harness. has anyone done this before or should i just get a universal fuse box. im planning on running the ka24 motor also, seems like it would be pretty straight forward if i labeled and didn't cut wires.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: using doner car for wire harness question.

Post by okayfine »

The 240SX body harness will have a ton of extra stuff that you won't have or need on your 510 if you're keeping the car stock-based from the firewall back. All the connectors will be different, so with respect to wiring the rest of the car it wouldn't be much different than a universal harness. It would make a KA swap easier, but so does a CAN AM box and stock wiring.

What year is your car? A couple people here will have harnesses. I have a '69 complete harness and fuse box.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
shivic

Post by shivic »

I have a 69. What is a can am box
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson