Auxiliary Temp Gauge Sender Fitting

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
okayfine
Supporter

Auxiliary Temp Gauge Sender Fitting

Post by okayfine »

My SR water neck has two bosses, one for the ECU coolant temp sensor, and one for the S13 gauge cluster. I'm using the gauge cluster boss for a fan switch, since Painless has a kit with a metric sensor fitting that threads right into the KA/SR boss.

But I'm also running the stock temp gauge, and now have nowhere to thread in the stock temp sensor. Even if I had the SR gauge cluster boss free, the threads are different (SR is 12mm thread, the L-series looks to be 16mm). Byron just alluded to the problem of a lack of bosses in another thread. I dug up my S13 hose fitting from my L20BT install where I used that as a coolant return from the turbo.

Threaded out the -6 fitting:
IMG_5997.JPG
IMG_5997.JPG (251.51 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
Threaded in the new stock temp sensor:
IMG_5999.JPG
IMG_5999.JPG (295.66 KiB) Viewed 2270 times
Same thread, no problem. Then I just have to cut a radiator hose and fit this in. You can get these new from Nissan, but they include the entire lower hose (all one part number) - Nissan doesn't sell it separately. A nice pair of clippers and a visit to the JY will get you one much easier.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson