Sound deadening Best Way ! ?

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
That4doorKiD

Sound deadening Best Way ! ?

Post by That4doorKiD »

I stripped the tar and husk insulation off my whole floor . Time to vacum and clean.

I purchased 50sq ft of GtMat to insulate my cab and the trunk, it'll get here on Thurs. If that is not enough what else can I use? Duct insulation? Peel and seal? Roofing insulation? Or some foam?
68 4doorFanatic
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Sound deadening Best Way ! ?

Post by okayfine »

Kind of depends on what you are trying to accomplish - heat barrier vs. sound barrier, etc. Foam (aka anything that absorbs moisture) is to be avoided.

DynaMat and the like are meant to be used sparingly and to change the frequency at which a panel vibrates (which is why it is heavy), thereby changing the overall harmonics of the vibrating panels. It isn't meant to be installed wall-to-wall.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
RMS
Supporter

Re: Sound deadening Best Way ! ?

Post by RMS »

I don't like anything that encourages poultice rust to form. Iv had a few dimes without floors because someone in the long long ago installed wall-to-wall dynamat or that tin foil covered in grey goo. I like to use paintable rubberized undercoating and removable rubber mats. granted I see gravel, rain, snow and salt

I put a gallon of rubberized undercoating on the topside and a gallon on the underside of the floor. applied it with a sponge on top of 1k primer then painted with ss. the car has seen 5 BC winters as a dd, the floors are still solid and only high centering on rocks have damaged the coating.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!