New fiber optic headlamp switch for 510??

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
toylet
Supporter

New fiber optic headlamp switch for 510??

Post by toylet »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlight-Switc ... f3&vxp=mtr

looks like b210 headlamp switches with fiber optics are available from autozone with LIFETIME warranty... wonder if it will work in 510
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: New fiber optic headlamp switch for 510??

Post by datzenmike »

Probably could be made to fit. You will need the can with the bulb inside with the fiber optic lines or did the 510 have that? I thought the lighted switches came out in '74. 620s have them
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

Looks like a good idea.

late 71 and up Z's (cig lighter in dash rather than in console) have the light cans to power the fibre optics in the cig lighter.

Point being, I likely have a couple laying around if anyone wants to try this.

Mind you, a piece of tape wrapped around a nice bright (and cold) LED butted up to the end of the light fibre might work just fine too...
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

datzenmike wrote:Probably could be made to fit. You will need the can with the bulb inside with the fiber optic lines or did the 510 have that? I thought the lighted switches came out in '74. 620s have them
MY73 had the fiber optic switches for lights and wipers.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

Yes, 73 was the first year that DOT or whoever required them to be visible in the dark. Same with the Hazards.
toylet
Supporter

Post by toylet »

zKars wrote:Looks like a good idea.

late 71 and up Z's (cig lighter in dash rather than in console) have the light cans to power the fibre optics in the cig lighter.

Point being, I likely have a couple laying around if anyone wants to try this.

Mind you, a piece of tape wrapped around a nice bright (and cold) LED butted up to the end of the light fibre might work just fine too...
I thought about led , but the green switch might be too bright when night driving. Probably would be blinding :lol: