Windshield gasket chrome insert question

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
510in510

Windshield gasket chrome insert question

Post by 510in510 »

Been up all night trying to figure out this question for the chrome inserts.
I believe the chrome insert is 12mm
So my question is will "accept chrome" windshield gasket accept 15mm wide version from the bluebird

Coming from a new datsun owner that spent countless hours researching online.
I had never seen or sat inside a fully functional 510. The closes I got was at Troy Ermish but that was before I bought a 510

http://carsorder.com...uebird-6209.jpg
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Re: Windshield gasket chrome insert question

Post by Three B's Racing »

Well, being the inserts are not an easy install because of such a close tolerance I'd say being 3mm wider might cut the gasket if forcing it into the channel.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I think the OP is referring to the visible part of the stainless trim when talking 12mm or 15mm. The visible part of the trim was larger on my JDM Bluebird than the US versions. If or how that translates into differences for the rubber gasket itself, I don't know.

OP, do you have a Bluebird?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

so is there 3 kinds of stainless trim for the 510 the 69+ 68 and blue bird ? or is the blue bird like the 68 with a single grove on the gasket?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
510in510

Post by 510in510 »

I do not have a bluebird. I have a 72 2dr without a windshield or gasket. I really like the chrome inserts but I can not locate a set so decided to go "cal style". Then I saw this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391186818032?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

ya ok that looks like the 68 510 stuff. it requires a cal style gasket with a single grove.

nissan in their infinite wisdom changed the part but not the part # so if you got a nos gasket with a single grove it's for the 68 stainless trim......... the majority of 68s are 4drs. no one wants a 4dr so its basically junk..but um Ill take it off your hands..... :P

seriously if any one has such a gasket Im the fat kid and that's my smarty.

single grove on the right
Last edited by RMS on 13 Jul 2015 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I have a good set of stainless trim. Shipping would be tricky but I could do it. PM me if interested.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
James

Post by James »

Basically all datsuns are junk……so if you need to unload something…..
Finished is better than perfect......
510in510

Post by 510in510 »

RMS wrote:ya ok that looks like the 68 510 stuff. it requires a cal style gasket with a single grove.

nissan in their infinite wisdom changed the part but not the part # so if you got a nos gasket with a single grove it's for the 68 stainless trim......... the majority of 68s are 4drs. no one wants a 4dr so its basically junk..but um Ill take it off your hands..... :P

seriously if any one has such a gasket Im the fat kid and that's my smarty.

single grove on the right
Thank you so much for clearing it up for me and appreciate your reply. I didn't know the 68 is different. Guess its a no go.
OUTthere

Post by OUTthere »

Damn, guess I'm not cool or hip because the ONLY reason I bought a datsun 510 is because they make a 4 door.

But then again I run as fast as I can from 68/69's and some how I still end up with boxes full of 68/69 crap. Don't understand how a clock is some kind of a wonderful option. I want to use it for target practice but I can't because I was asked not to.

510in510 - I remember living in the 510, 74th ave in oakland to be exact, sure don't miss living there. Really, Really, Really miss riden with the South Bay Freaks, wonder if they are still the predominant sport bike club???
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

you cab buy a lot of clay pigeons for the asking price of this 68 clock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-510-BLUE ... d2&vxp=mtr

so any boxes of 68/69 crap contain a nos 68 windshield gaskets ?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I want to know if all NOS clocks are set to 6:00.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson