Alternative Modern Wiper Motor Conversions

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
Tedman

Re: Alternative Modern Wiper Motor Conversions

Post by Tedman » 06 Apr 2018 21:18

An update on my Integra wiper motor conversion-

1. Make sure you put the 510 drive arm on the Integra motor drive shaft in the correct orientation! It can go on one of two ways. If 180 degrees off, the motor will jam your wiper blades into the cowl when you first turn on the wipers and you'll have cowl damage! Make sure your wiper linkage is at or near the park position, and install the arm so it meets the linkage with minimal adjustment of the linkage. Or look back at pics in my previous post and install opposite. Mine was installed 180 off, and I learned the hard way.

2. The park position is several inches higher on the windshield than I expected. If the blades are installed so they don't swipe off the bottom of the glass, the park position is too high. At park, this is as low as I could set my wiper blades to keep them from running off the bottom of the glass when operating:
In the above pic you can also see cowl damage near the driver's side wiper arm fixing nut that was caused by incorrectly installing the drive arm.

Anyway, has anybody else had a similar experience with regard to the park position and/or know if there's a way to reduce the angle between the park and full sweep positions? I can probably live with having the wipers that high on the windshield while driving, but it is still somewhat annoying.

510tdi

Post by 510tdi » 13 Apr 2018 15:27

Thanks for the update Tedman! I'm going to pick up my Integra motor in moments. I have a 626 motor I bought over a year ago and was going to follow the old instructions that Kelvin developed years ago on The Dime Quarterly however, the link doesn't work any more and I can't find it anywhere. This Integra swap was well timed.

eastbaysolo_73

Post by eastbaysolo_73 » 26 Apr 2018 17:40

510tdi wrote:Thanks for the update Tedman! I'm going to pick up my Integra motor in moments. I have a 626 motor I bought over a year ago and was going to follow the old instructions that Kelvin developed years ago on The Dime Quarterly however, the link doesn't work any more and I can't find it anywhere. This Integra swap was well timed.

Here's the link it works

http://dimequarterly.blogspot.com/2011/ ... motor.html
Nor Cal Meng !