Gas, temp & blinkers

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
Redrumls

Gas, temp & blinkers

Post by Redrumls »

I went to put on my headlights & lost my temp, gas gauge & blinkers...? I have hazards.. they were working fine.. all the fuses are good.. could a bad light switch have anything to do with it? 510 goon has a ka24de swap. Any info would help.. I hate driving not knowing how much fuel & or what the temp is.
Thanks, Greg
73 mazda rx3 goon
72 Toyota corona mk2 mx22 2dr ht
72 Datsun 510 goon ka24de
64 nova ss
65 chevelle conv.
68 camaro ss
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Gas, temp & blinkers

Post by datzenmike »

Light switch works only the lighting.

Turn ignition switch to ON. Does your low oil pressure light in the dash light up? Probably the answer is no.

Same fuse powers the turn signals and the two gauges. Fuse may look OK but is blown or not making good contact. Hold a quarter across the fuse contacts... does it work?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Redrumls

Post by Redrumls »

I'll try that.. it's been driving me nuts.. yea, your right, oil light does not come on..
thanks, Greg
73 mazda rx3 goon
64 nova ss
65 chevelle conv.
68 camaro ss
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Wiring diagram and VOM, stat. Did you do the KA swap wiring?

As Datzenmike says, "good" fuses doesn't mean much as they can look good but not be connected inside the caps, or be faulty enough that once you put a load through the resistance goes through the roof.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Redrumls

Post by Redrumls »

I'm going to jump it across like you said Datsunmike, see if it works when I do that. I check fuses & even changed them around. Your right though, no oil light when I turn the key on.
Greg
73 mazda rx3 goon
64 nova ss
65 chevelle conv.
68 camaro ss
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Redrumls wrote:I'm going to jump it across like you said Datsunmike, see if it works when I do that. I check fuses & even changed them around. Your right though, no oil light when I turn the key on.
Greg
I'd use a circuit tester that's designed to trip open if there's an issue with the circuit like a GFI. Placing a quarter across the contacts, if there's an issue with that circuit, could only cause you a lot more work than what you started out with.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon