Wiper motor issues!

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
BackPackSaddler

Wiper motor issues!

Post by BackPackSaddler »

Since I bought my 72 510 a month ago the wipers haven't worked, Did some poking around with my test light today and found that there is no power going to the wiper motor itself, and also no power to the switch at inside at all. But on the fuse box there is power at the wiper fuse, I'm kinda stumped here, everything is plugged up as it should be so idk what the issue is here, and suggestions would be awesome!
icehouse

Re: Wiper motor issues!

Post by icehouse »

Blue with red stripe wire that goes to the wiper motor should have power.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
BackPackSaddler

Has no power..this is what's got me puzzled. With key on there is no power on that wire at the motor plug, or the switch inside, however there is power going through the fuse in the fuse box. Also there are two red and blue wires coming out of the plug at the fuse box. Not sure if there should be one of two there .
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Wire broken between the fuse box and the motor? Bad fuse (may look good, but detached inside the cap, have had it happen so BTDT). Take your year/style of fuse box and look up the DQ backissue that has the wiring diagram.

Once you get it all sorted, add a better ground to the motor.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
BackPackSaddler

Thanks okayfine! I'll check the fuse, I've got a bunch of new ones so I can go ahead and put a new one in it. I'm leaning towards a wire broken somewhere between the fuse box and motor and or switch inside.