Fiberglass front valance

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Fiberglass front valance

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Is anyone running one of these on there Dime? Hows was the fitment? Looking to buy one from Troy Ermish but wanna get some feed back before I pull the trigger. Running a CXracing intercooler on my car. Figured it would be a lot easier to trim for fitment of the intercooler. I did do a search and came up with nothing which is why I started this thread.

Thanks
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Fiberglass front valance

Post by okayfine »

Is Troy making them or buying them? If he's making them, the fitment is probably Troy-centric; if he's buying them in then finding out who is making them will probably expand the number of people that can give you advice.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

okayfine wrote:Is Troy making them or buying them? If he's making them, the fitment is probably Troy-centric; if he's buying them in then finding out who is making them will probably expand the number of people that can give you advice.
Got you.I have know idea. But my gut hunch says he's probable having them made bye someone. I asked him about fitment and he said its good.

Thanks for the reply
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Variations in 510 infrastructure will mean some tailoring will be needed. I know Futofab makes their fiberglass fenders, rear light panels and such a bit on the extra material side for tailoring to those Datsun tolerance differences of .062" and larger. Yeah, big doubt Troy makes them he's way to busy to be stuffing fiberglass in molds.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Fred_L-P

Post by Fred_L-P »

I just bought a 510 shell with a brand new fiberglass valance. I have no idea where it's from. I doubt I can help, but I can take pictures if you want. The fitment looks pretty good.
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Thanks fellas. I bought Troys glass already. Looks good haven't tried to fit it yet. Been busy with other shit. Small amount of trimming required is what he told me around the mounting tab area. Let you guys know how goes when I get to it. Need to finish a bunch of stuff I've started and haven't finished.. LOL
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !