License Plate Attachment

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
TheHeretic
Supporter

License Plate Attachment

Post by TheHeretic »

I'm not a big fan of how the previous owner bolted on the rear license plate using allen screws, etc and would like to see what everyone else is doing. Photobucket is clearly not working and it's likely that most of those pics will never be reposted. I'm using Imgur and it is still fine for forum postings.

So how are you mounting yours?
Carpe Diem!
Ryan
qwik510
Supporter

Re: License Plate Attachment

Post by qwik510 »

I used plastic screws and nuts. No rust issues.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Drive-N ... 3=&veh=sem
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

I'm using stainless socket head capscrews with nylock nuts. Thinking is if someone wanted to steal my plates #1 who carries allen wrenches and #2 that nylock nut is going to only spin around unless you can get a socket on it but you'd then have to get the trunk open and by that time I'd likely have a fix on you with my .50cal Muzzleloader with a barrel full of rocksalt :shock: if at home, anywhere else would just be stupid.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

One of my cars was never redrilled for standard North American mounting plates n- which is really cool because this is generally done at every dealership. Stock, all 510's came with a set of captive nuts in the rear tail light panel and a couple of punch marks for the wider bolt pattern that most plate fit here in North America. Obviously I drilled my plate the match the car in this case. But I still double nutted the M6 bolts on the back side, using stainless bolts and washers over the plate.When I bought Quick510's retro plate frames, I ended up machining some larger stainless washers to work for that application.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
TheHeretic
Supporter

Post by TheHeretic »

All good options! Looks like either going for the stainless steel or plastic make the most sense. I'll decide and post up some pics for future reference.
Carpe Diem!
Ryan