Turn signal flasher relay

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
bertvorgon
Supporter

Turn signal flasher relay

Post by bertvorgon »

Does any body have a picture of the 510 turn signal flasher relay..NOT the four way flasher.

I am in the process of continuing to upgrade the bulbs to LED for the turn signals and need to order a good LED Electronic one. What I do need to do is make sure that the 2 pin orientation is the same, so a picture would be good.

At this point I cannot get under my dash to just pull mine.

Thanks
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RMS
Supporter

Re: Turn signal flasher relay

Post by RMS »

must be a 73 thing as all my 510s have two flashers that are identical with two posts Image
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Can you rotate that, I cannot quite see the pin orientation, is this flasher the same?
Attachments
Flasher.jpg
Flasher.jpg (20.01 KiB) Viewed 5469 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

yes ! ........not my pic, just a random 2 prong niles flasher like this Image
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks Robyn!

They do look the same, I guess I will order a couple. I am going to get some 1156 bulbs similar to the nice bright, 1157's I did for the brake/running lights/

Keith Law
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

no problem.
probably a good idea. I was thinking that with today's bright leds the average lazy driver no longer recognizes older incandescent bulbs as any kind of indication, be it stop, turn or park. twice this month I have been honked at when tuning... pull over check lights ....all good. so it must be them ?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Our 510 lights are crap now. I really noticed that when I followed Jamie and a few others ( I think even Mandy on one side), I could hardly see them.
I was really happy with those brake bulbs I got last year. I also want to stop the hyper-flashing on my right side, where I do have that LED front turn signal.

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

My turn signal flasher just has 2 wires going to it with a connector on each. It looks like it was wired like that from the factory. Pin orientation would not matter for a replacement.
Also I am looking for LED replacements for the rest of the bulbs in my car if you have a line on them.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

LEDS are polarity sensitive, which is why I want to make sure Mr.Electron is going the right direction.

Keith Law
loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

I recently installed a host of LED marker lights on my 510. It is the least I can do while I wait to have my u67 (or whatever) rebuilt. I ordered from superbrightleds.com. They came as advertised and fit pretty much everywhere without issue. The front turn signals/markers were a bit of a tight fit, but I am also using repop front signal markers from the philippines/malaysia/whatever. They have dual function led's to allow for blinking funtions. But, the complication I came across is that the PO combined blinker functions with the side markers. I'm not sure if the side markers will therefore require dual function LEDs...they should...but I'm waiting to test the "fast flash" to determine. After all are installed, I find my flashers work - sporadically - and my blinkers have ceased working totally. I haven't rooted out the cause yet. But, the LEDs are super bright and definitely provide an extra sense of security....if my 510 were to be driveable. Ultimately, I do recommend superbrightleds.com...their product selection tool is conventient but incomplete. I still need to order license plate bulbs.

I did order resistors to wire in line with the blinking lights...have yet to install them...but they apparently return the dual function lights to normal blinking as opposed to fast blinking. There is just so much wiring mayhem to sort out with my 510 that it gets a low priority at this point.

Hope this helps.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

THANKS for the input.

I get my LED 1157/1156 bulbs from a different source but will be ordering the flasher relay from SUPERBRITE, I did not want to do the "resistor" thing.

I will post up my results once achieved, good or bad. The brake/running light 1157 bulbs I got last year were more than what I expected, after trying so many. I even put them in my vintage Boler travel trailer, where I could then keep my original lens and thus keep my trailer "period correct".

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Ordered my bulbs and flashers today, I hope to see them in the next few weeks.

Keith Law
loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

Sorry Keith. Didn't mean to hijack your thread and go off-topic. Double wahmmy. I would be interested to see how your rewire works out.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

No worries at all, sometimes on this site, the sidetracking lets us learn even more!

Keith Law
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

This is good info.

Following.

Thanks,

David
Enjoy The Ride!